Hypothetically, if we lose the appeal, how would we cope?

We could even come back stronger. I really don't care about the UCL ban, what I do care about is the talk of striping us of the 2013/2014 title, if that happens then we would have to declare total war against the corrupt FA! Fight them with everything we have!

.The CFG would have to show the world that the FA aren't ready to do business with investors looking to invest in the PL.

.The CFG would have to totally destroy the image of the FA so that global brands and investors are discouraged from doing business with the English FA.

.Declare a total media blackout, no interviews to the media! All news reports would have to come directly from our website.

We have all the cards and money to play the waiting game, we keep suing and fighting until they call for a truce. We didn't start this fight but we sure as hell can finish it on our terms. The CFG isn't some kind of Salvation army/NGO! I really hope the management finally recognize the hostile environment we are operating in! The whole nice guy hollistic approach should be a thing of the past, time for a real ruthless business approach.
We won't be stripped of any title,we are not match fixing

Who knows? You are really just joining in the press feeding frenzy that has followed Fridays announcement. Firstly we have an appeal to go through. In that period we could win the Carabao which gets us in the Europa League ... a UEFA competition so that rubs their noses in things already.

We were losing Merlin anyway. Why sell KDB and Sterling? As for Sane given Bayerns involvement in these shenannigens there is no fucking way he is going to Bayern now. I'd loan him out to Fleetwood town first "!! Nobody leaves us for any of our rivals from the dirty cartel end of.

Lots to happen yet - onwards and upwards
Wouldn’t we also be banned from the Europa league?

I agree that there has been something of a press feeding frenzy. I posted the thread after reading press reports suggesting that the loss of CL revenue for two years would mean that unless we decimated the squad the losses that we would make during that period would make it impossible for us to meet FFP once the ban finished. Which I thought was pessimistic, even by my standards.

But even so, I reckon the chances of us overturning the ban are probably no greater than 50:50 so think it’s valid to contemplate how we would respond to a ban.

Wouldn’t we also be banned from the Europa league?

I agree that there has been something of a press feeding frenzy. I posted the thread after reading press reports suggesting that the loss of CL revenue for two years would mean that unless we decimated the squad the losses that we would make during that period would make it impossible for us to meet FFP once the ban finished. Which I thought was pessimistic, even by my standards.

But even so, I reckon the chances of us overturning the ban are probably no greater than 50:50 so think it’s valid to contemplate how we would respond to a ban.

Dunno mate - all the talk is about CL. Funny as fuck if we won both trophies and were banned from both - its a fucking farce and they are effectively excluding any new investment money coming into football except if its spent as they want where the want and when they want. Any wealthy person will look elsewhere - other sports will benefit and when the PL go to SKY and BT to renegotiate a new deal the answer will be - "nah, thought we'd pay less not more fella's"..."but...but...our clubs rely on this cash".... " tell them to attract new investors mate..oh they can't can they "

If it is up to media reports I limited myself to read (The Guardian and BBC), the obituaries have already been written and the club will fall back (at least) to where we were when I started supporting us back in 1996. Barney Ronay wrote article like we are gonna out of business tomorrow 10am. Scary shit actually. My wife is a corporate solicitor and she's been giving me some scary and some good outcomes, depending how our owners decide to move on from here.

I can see a break away league forming in England and in Europe , just leave the G14 to play among themselves. We have break a ways in other sports . If our Break away league pays well it will no problem attracting the top players and if the National Teams say you have to play in a certain league their would be cutting of their nose to spite their face. Lots of other clubs around Europe have been screwed by UEFA
Those of my generation will recall a certain Kerry Packer who formed his own breakaway competition in Cricket. At the time it was met with scorn & universally derided as un-workable. Look where Cricket is now - it's more or less what Packer had envisaged right from the start. . They said it couldn't be done.................

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.