I’m off to Currys

In the last 2 - 3 years I've bought a washer for me and a washer/dryer for my youngest daughter, both from John Lewis.
Both models are sold at all the major outlets, and were the same price as the cheapest I checked. In addition, they have a price match guarantee and free delivery. The warranty was also a 2 year one. I was kept up to date by text on the delivery progress. Couldn't fault them and would use them again.
They are getting a reputation for appalling after sales service though.

My works does similar but the cards are reloadable by text Eg in tesco scan and shop then just put that much on curry's is included on love to shop card 7% off
Being able to reload by text is a game changer. You can get 4% off supermarkets at mine but you need to order the card beforehand and wait for it to arrive in the post before you can spend it. Too much faffing about for me!

After over a month of shit with them I’m taking a flask and butties down to Curry’s and refuse to leave until I get my money back. Had a fridge delivered at start of November, it was the wrong one, didn’t take delivery. Phoned up to re order, we had to wait 24 hours to let the other one get to warehouse, did this ordered a new one, said it would be 10-21 days on back order. Two days later it appeared on the web for delivery Wednesday, phoned up, our order had been cancelled! So we said order us one now then, can’t do that until we refund your e-gift card! Do it then quick, that was 20 days ago.
they said 5 days for a refund, then 8, then 14, we then contacted them, they said there’d been an error and it would be a further 14 days! For a month weve phoned, emailed and yesterday the last straw I went to the store once they’d opened, the poor girl behind the corner got both barrels. She then got on the phone and they said it would be refunded in two hours, guess what it didnt fucking happen. So today I’m off to spend my day off to get my £759 back, unfortunately it’s on a gift card otherwise I would never shop there again.
I think Currys are going bust, so if any of you have any gift cards go in store and spend them now, just search the internet to see how they are keeping people’s money, I’ve hammered them on social media, tagging Watchdog, Martin lewis etc in, they contact you like last night saying gift card would be refunded by 11pm. I’m not surprised Amazon are so big, when you order something it comes and they refund no questions, these British companies are going under because they are shit.
Arghhh - I have Currys coming to pick something up today. Computer component and was out of stock everyehere else.

In the process to send it back you get confirmation they will pick it up at x time etc and tell you to put the label on clealry - what fkin label? Spent a wasted hour trying to find out that the label comes with the courier... FFS.

Being able to reload by text is a game changer. You can get 4% off supermarkets at mine but you need to order the card beforehand and wait for it to arrive in the post before you can spend it. Too much faffing about for me!
Best bit is not having to leave money on the card and the risk of retailer going under

Not Currys fault but worth putting in this thread. Last week after the Post Office failed to deliver at an allotted time and checking how I could contact them (no chance), on-line basically advised to wait due to time of year. Two days later I received a text @ 7.37am advising of delivery that day, @ 8.17am I received another text saying an attempt of delivery @ 8.05 was unsuccessful, to rearrange delivery please fill in form with card details for £2 re-delivery fee, all, I must add in official looking PO format.
Back on-line the PO information was there is no charge to re-deliver, after filling in form I was given an automated delivery spot for the following day, strangely enough I received the parcel within 4 hours !!

Royal mail is not the post office. Separate companies.

After over a month of shit with them I’m taking a flask and butties down to Curry’s and refuse to leave until I get my money back. Had a fridge delivered at start of November, it was the wrong one, didn’t take delivery. Phoned up to re order, we had to wait 24 hours to let the other one get to warehouse, did this ordered a new one, said it would be 10-21 days on back order. Two days later it appeared on the web for delivery Wednesday, phoned up, our order had been cancelled! So we said order us one now then, can’t do that until we refund your e-gift card! Do it then quick, that was 20 days ago.
they said 5 days for a refund, then 8, then 14, we then contacted them, they said there’d been an error and it would be a further 14 days! For a month weve phoned, emailed and yesterday the last straw I went to the store once they’d opened, the poor girl behind the corner got both barrels. She then got on the phone and they said it would be refunded in two hours, guess what it didnt fucking happen. So today I’m off to spend my day off to get my £759 back, unfortunately it’s on a gift card otherwise I would never shop there again.
I think Currys are going bust, so if any of you have any gift cards go in store and spend them now, just search the internet to see how they are keeping people’s money, I’ve hammered them on social media, tagging Watchdog, Martin lewis etc in, they contact you like last night saying gift card would be refunded by 11pm. I’m not surprised Amazon are so big, when you order something it comes and they refund no questions, these British companies are going under because they are shit.
i did warn the forum last year about Currys. Great when buying, fuckin terrible when returning.

Why would anyone buy like that?
You have more consumer rights buying on line.
Yeah in theory, if you can ever get in contact with anyone.

I once bought a game from Steam that didn't work. Tried to get a refund and it was literally impossible to even get an email that wasn't automated. For some reason, they're allowed to get away with blatantly breaking the law even though they're a huge company. I think because no-one going to go to court for a £20 computer game (although they did in a few countries and they got done).

So I get why it's appealing to know that at least you'll be able to make a scene if you end up getting screwed over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.