I’m off to Currys

Why would anyone buy like that?
You have more consumer rights buying on line.
I do the same and have been using the same guy for 15 years without one complaint. All products have manufacturers guarantee.
Bought online from currys, goods turned up knackered. Eight days to pick it up, 12 days to tell me they had it but needed to scan it in warehouse, 20 0dd days to issue refund. Rights my arse.

Nothing from the OP since 8.23....was hoping for classic status from this thread.
I hope he did take a chair and plenty of sandwiches. Looks like Currys are prepared to have him hanging around all day and keep the money. Most shut at 6 but some stay open until 8 so it might be a while until we hear from the OP.

I hope he did take a chair and plenty of sandwiches. Looks like Currys are prepared to have him hanging around all day and keep the money. Most shut at 6 but some stay open until 8 so it might be a while until we hear from the OP.
I was hoping he'd take control of some in-store equipment and provide a live feed....or shots of pretty customers for us.

I won't be popular with all you savvy tech whizz kids, but I get all my electrical goods, (not computers) from a local dealer, pay more , and get a 'kin good service, when things go wrong they are at my door because they have appreciated the custom, then I go back and give them more custom cos I've had good service

Just sayin'
I get all my stuff off the local dealer as well!

Had nothing but problems with online shopping, waited 3 weeks for an Xbox series X from Very the twats sent me an S! Now got to send back and wait for refund as they had no more stock, low and behold two days later they did. Don’t get me started on DFS, all these companies blaming Covid for their shortcomings I hope they go bust and we go back to local shops for local people.
I had an issue with something that was due in the post. They blamed Covid. I pointed out that Royal Mail weren't taking 6 weeks to deliver items during Covid, and we managed to send a parcel to Canada, delivered in seven days.

It's just a lame excuse for poor service mostly.

Wifey bought a lap top of them a couple of years ago. Took a year of tooing and frowing to get a result. The end being that they atmitted they shouldn't have sold us that model as it was totally unsuitable for the job. She used it solely for Sage and nothing else. She stormed in and bless her, stood her ground until they changed it. Have bought from them since with no problems.

Ok update, I turned up as the doors open, guy on the front door asks what I wanted, so as I walked past him I said customer services (turns out he’s the manager) he asked what for , I told him I want my voucher sorting out, nothing to do with us please leave, No I said and continued to walk into the store him following. He starts ranting and raving saying he had no staff to deal with it and I would be waiting all day, I said fine by me I’d planned on it. I thought his head would explode, but but we can’t do anything, I said you can phone them you have a direct line I was in yesterday and was promised it would be sorted yesterday. Again he asked me to leave I refused, he said what is your name I said it’s in my wife’s, he then really turned obnoxious he said right I’ll only deal with her and I’m not talking to you again and neither will any of my staff!
I pointed out she’s in the vulnerable category and couldn’t come to store, he said he wouldn’t let her in anyway! That’s when I got proper pissed off, I said fine call her I’m not leaving and he asked me to move away from other customers I went and stood in a corner, I said fine mate but I ain’t going anywhere, he then made a few phone callls, next minute he’s on the phone to my wife and she laid into him, he said you need to tell your husband to leave or he will be forcibly ejected!
He told her it would be sorted by 1pm, she said if it isn’t she would come down he just said I won’t let you in and will talk outside only. He would personally make sure it’s sorted and would phone her back at 1pm. The wife phoned me and asked me to leave as it could turn nasty, i was adamant I didnt want to but she sound stressed to fuck. So I left.
Roll on 1pm and he calls he then proceeds to apologise that he handled it all wrong and that he didn’t want me there for Covid reasons (bullshit). He has offered a few options which although sound good are not acceptable to us ( means us getting into debt, hoping they refund to pay that off). He has phoned back again at 3.30 pm and said it was processed yesterday but can take upto 5 days, so it will be done by Monday, he will personally check on it. Funny that because they insisted on the phone yesterday it would be credited in two hours, then by the latest by 11pm last night! Also 3 weeks ago it would take 5,8,14 days.
I don’t hold out much hope now, however we have got a face to it now, and he knows I’ll be down again, whether he lets me in or not or I have to do the old Facebook live filming (hate to do that shit) but if anything helps I’ll do it. I’ve contacted BBC Watchdog again and also in the process of filling out a Moneyclaim via the governments own website, something I didn’t know you could do.
For those asking why we used gift card it’s through the blue light card you get 6% off, but never again, I really do think Currys are going bump and are using our money to stay afloat until new year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.