I’m off to Currys

Ok update, I turned up as the doors open, guy on the front door asks what I wanted, so as I walked past him I said customer services (turns out he’s the manager) he asked what for , I told him I want my voucher sorting out, nothing to do with us please leave, No I said and continued to walk into the store him following. He starts ranting and raving saying he had no staff to deal with it and I would be waiting all day, I said fine by me I’d planned on it. I thought his head would explode, but but we can’t do anything, I said you can phone them you have a direct line I was in yesterday and was promised it would be sorted yesterday. Again he asked me to leave I refused, he said what is your name I said it’s in my wife’s, he then really turned obnoxious he said right I’ll only deal with her and I’m not talking to you again and neither will any of my staff!
I pointed out she’s in the vulnerable category and couldn’t come to store, he said he wouldn’t let her in anyway! That’s when I got proper pissed off, I said fine call her I’m not leaving and he asked me to move away from other customers I went and stood in a corner, I said fine mate but I ain’t going anywhere, he then made a few phone callls, next minute he’s on the phone to my wife and she laid into him, he said you need to tell your husband to leave or he will be forcibly ejected!
He told her it would be sorted by 1pm, she said if it isn’t she would come down he just said I won’t let you in and will talk outside only. He would personally make sure it’s sorted and would phone her back at 1pm. The wife phoned me and asked me to leave as it could turn nasty, i was adamant I didnt want to but she sound stressed to fuck. So I left.
Roll on 1pm and he calls he then proceeds to apologise that he handled it all wrong and that he didn’t want me there for Covid reasons (bullshit). He has offered a few options which although sound good are not acceptable to us ( means us getting into debt, hoping they refund to pay that off). He has phoned back again at 3.30 pm and said it was processed yesterday but can take upto 5 days, so it will be done by Monday, he will personally check on it. Funny that because they insisted on the phone yesterday it would be credited in two hours, then by the latest by 11pm last night! Also 3 weeks ago it would take 5,8,14 days.
I don’t hold out much hope now, however we have got a face to it now, and he knows I’ll be down again, whether he lets me in or not or I have to do the old Facebook live filming (hate to do that shit) but if anything helps I’ll do it. I’ve contacted BBC Watchdog again and also in the process of filling out a Moneyclaim via the governments own website, something I didn’t know you could do.
For those asking why we used gift card it’s through the blue light card you get 6% off, but never again, I really do think Currys are going bump and are using our money to stay afloat until new year.
His fucking head would have been through one of the display TVs if he’d spoken to me like that. ****.

The big retailers don't give a fuck about customer service and satisfaction, and cash isn't king anymore. You could easily wave a wad of wonga under a managers nostrils to shave another 10% off the advertised price with a bit of bargaining banter. These days most managers turn their nose up, preferring to get you to sign up for credit so they get a small slice of commission.

I'd much rather give a small independent retailer my cash, even if they aren't quite as cheap because most are approachable and friendly, eager to resolve a problem. All because they value their customers and realise they will shop there again and recommend to family and friends.

Ok update, I turned up as the doors open, guy on the front door asks what I wanted, so as I walked past him I said customer services (turns out he’s the manager) he asked what for , I told him I want my voucher sorting out, nothing to do with us please leave, No I said and continued to walk into the store him following. He starts ranting and raving saying he had no staff to deal with it and I would be waiting all day, I said fine by me I’d planned on it. I thought his head would explode, but but we can’t do anything, I said you can phone them you have a direct line I was in yesterday and was promised it would be sorted yesterday. Again he asked me to leave I refused, he said what is your name I said it’s in my wife’s, he then really turned obnoxious he said right I’ll only deal with her and I’m not talking to you again and neither will any of my staff!
I pointed out she’s in the vulnerable category and couldn’t come to store, he said he wouldn’t let her in anyway! That’s when I got proper pissed off, I said fine call her I’m not leaving and he asked me to move away from other customers I went and stood in a corner, I said fine mate but I ain’t going anywhere, he then made a few phone callls, next minute he’s on the phone to my wife and she laid into him, he said you need to tell your husband to leave or he will be forcibly ejected!
He told her it would be sorted by 1pm, she said if it isn’t she would come down he just said I won’t let you in and will talk outside only. He would personally make sure it’s sorted and would phone her back at 1pm. The wife phoned me and asked me to leave as it could turn nasty, i was adamant I didnt want to but she sound stressed to fuck. So I left.
Roll on 1pm and he calls he then proceeds to apologise that he handled it all wrong and that he didn’t want me there for Covid reasons (bullshit). He has offered a few options which although sound good are not acceptable to us ( means us getting into debt, hoping they refund to pay that off). He has phoned back again at 3.30 pm and said it was processed yesterday but can take upto 5 days, so it will be done by Monday, he will personally check on it. Funny that because they insisted on the phone yesterday it would be credited in two hours, then by the latest by 11pm last night! Also 3 weeks ago it would take 5,8,14 days.
I don’t hold out much hope now, however we have got a face to it now, and he knows I’ll be down again, whether he lets me in or not or I have to do the old Facebook live filming (hate to do that shit) but if anything helps I’ll do it. I’ve contacted BBC Watchdog again and also in the process of filling out a Moneyclaim via the governments own website, something I didn’t know you could do.
For those asking why we used gift card it’s through the blue light card you get 6% off, but never again, I really do think Currys are going bump and are using our money to stay afloat until new year.

I have to say that it sounds like an extremely unpleasant experience and not one you should have to go through in order to obtain your consumer rights.

I'd have taken the forcibly ejected option,that sounds like fun.

Why does a refund take days, but a purchase takes seconds? And, why don't they count weekends or holidays? Bastards
Exactly. Bought a new sofa I bidded for off eBay. After several failed attempts to contact the seller to arrange delivery I contacted eBay customer services to be told I'd have to wait 21 days to open up a dispute. This is after £700 was taken from my bank account soon as I'd 'bought' it. Took about a month to be reimbursed. Cunts.

"Please feel free to put your hands on me sir, that would be great" would've been my response. You'd have been looking at tenfold what you paid for that fridge, if he threw an unprovoked punch at you or tackled you to the ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.