I’m off to Currys

Carphone was making big losses but the business was doing ok before COVID I believe. Having worked with their IT (yeah it's as bad as people have said) I think their organisation is just too big. So many departments - blew my mind when I see how many different functions exist. Some offshore IT doesn't help. My own experience as a customer is pretty flawless but they do have to adapt. There will always be a customer that gets unlucky like the OP but think in general they are ok.
Carphone are on my list of companies that will never get my business again after they insisted on me putting a request to terminate a mobile phone contract (after the lock in period) in writing.

Tell that manager chappie that you are currently in dialogue with Alexander and Mr Womble as that should make his sphincter quiver thrice to the octave. And lots of placards outside their gaff that state your disdain for the shambolic treatment they have metered out to you and your good lady wife. No surrender mate!
Pisser: )

For those saying email and Twitter I’ve done all that several times a day, totally ignored at least this manager seems to be taking it seriously, like I said I think he knows I’ll be down outside the store next week live on Facebook or whatever.

Fucking scumbags like a lot of these retailers want your money upfront for whatever you are purchasing then fuck you off,sale done we‘ll get it too you whenever suits us,if you can get the item/s into your car then get it there and then off them ..

Following on from the tale of the carpet blagger he rang me tonight. Said he wants to complete the job but he cannot supply the right shade beading. Muggings here can get it from a different supplier and pic up 12 lengths in stock tomorrow.

I told him she is prepared to pay £345 - £96 so that's £249 and I will get beading and labour, may even fit it and save her £66, I'm soft like that.

Guy started effing and jeffing at me saying he wants the £60. Told him he won't get it and he got even more stroppy. Said no problem I'd go round his shop in the morning with £249 as promised. Changed his tune then saying he doesn't want any trouble lol.

Anyway, rang daughter back and told her the score that I'd go for the beading and he will fit it. Mentioned him swearing and getting stroppy with me and she started worying about it. Told her not to worry as I've dealt with lippy gobshites all my working life. She doesn't want him.in her house to finish the job because she says he's nasty and aggressive. I even offered to be there when he's fitting it, she doesn't want him in her house full stop.

So I told her to get on the phone and sort it herself. There is only so much I can do...

I had an issue with something that was due in the post. They blamed Covid. I pointed out that Royal Mail weren't taking 6 weeks to deliver items during Covid, and we managed to send a parcel to Canada, delivered in seven days.

It's just a lame excuse for poor service mostly.
I didn't get it mate.

Ok update, I turned up as the doors open, guy on the front door asks what I wanted, so as I walked past him I said customer services (turns out he’s the manager) he asked what for , I told him I want my voucher sorting out, nothing to do with us please leave, No I said and continued to walk into the store him following. He starts ranting and raving saying he had no staff to deal with it and I would be waiting all day, I said fine by me I’d planned on it. I thought his head would explode, but but we can’t do anything, I said you can phone them you have a direct line I was in yesterday and was promised it would be sorted yesterday. Again he asked me to leave I refused, he said what is your name I said it’s in my wife’s, he then really turned obnoxious he said right I’ll only deal with her and I’m not talking to you again and neither will any of my staff!
I pointed out she’s in the vulnerable category and couldn’t come to store, he said he wouldn’t let her in anyway! That’s when I got proper pissed off, I said fine call her I’m not leaving and he asked me to move away from other customers I went and stood in a corner, I said fine mate but I ain’t going anywhere, he then made a few phone callls, next minute he’s on the phone to my wife and she laid into him, he said you need to tell your husband to leave or he will be forcibly ejected!
He told her it would be sorted by 1pm, she said if it isn’t she would come down he just said I won’t let you in and will talk outside only. He would personally make sure it’s sorted and would phone her back at 1pm. The wife phoned me and asked me to leave as it could turn nasty, i was adamant I didnt want to but she sound stressed to fuck. So I left.
Roll on 1pm and he calls he then proceeds to apologise that he handled it all wrong and that he didn’t want me there for Covid reasons (bullshit). He has offered a few options which although sound good are not acceptable to us ( means us getting into debt, hoping they refund to pay that off). He has phoned back again at 3.30 pm and said it was processed yesterday but can take upto 5 days, so it will be done by Monday, he will personally check on it. Funny that because they insisted on the phone yesterday it would be credited in two hours, then by the latest by 11pm last night! Also 3 weeks ago it would take 5,8,14 days.
I don’t hold out much hope now, however we have got a face to it now, and he knows I’ll be down again, whether he lets me in or not or I have to do the old Facebook live filming (hate to do that shit) but if anything helps I’ll do it. I’ve contacted BBC Watchdog again and also in the process of filling out a Moneyclaim via the governments own website, something I didn’t know you could do.
For those asking why we used gift card it’s through the blue light card you get 6% off, but never again, I really do think Currys are going bump and are using our money to stay afloat until new year.
You showed a lot more restraint than I would mate. I'd be locked up right now.

All these big High street store chains are on borrowed time.

Have just been reading up on how Debenhams was asset stripped

Disgusting.

Bought for £600,000 000.

Assets = Properties/Stores then sold for £1,2 Billion.

Same properties rented back with extortionate rents on leases as long as 35 years

Surprise,surprise Debenhams goes bust,business unsustainable financially.Same shit was pulled with Woolworths. Debenhams had been trading for over 142 years.

12,000 employees worried about their pensions whilst Green swans around the Bahamaas on an £85,000 000 Yacht.

Legalized crime.

I bet they were still taking money for orders up until the last minute.

Currys/PC World are to be avoided at all costs and one look at Google and reviews will tell you why.

All these big High street store chains are on borrowed time.

Have just been reading up on how Debenhams was asset stripped

Disgusting.

Bought for £600,000 000.

Assets = Properties/Stores then sold for £1,2 Billion.

Same properties rented back with extortionate rents on leases as long as 35 years

Surprise,surprise Debenhams goes bust,business unsustainable financially.Same shit was pulled with Woolworths. Debenhams had been trading for over 142 years.

12,000 employees worried about their pensions whilst Green swans around the Bahamaas on an £85,000 000 Yacht.

Legalized crime.

I bet they were still taking money for orders up until the last minute.
Philip Green does not own Debenhams...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.