I am very puzzled and quite frankly slightly hurt.

Good post Eccles. @Kompany Car made some good points, too.
I’m in my seventies and struggling with RA. I just shuffle about really!
RA caused me to go deaf, and oh the patronising behaviour; people think I’m daft. I always say to them very loudly “I’m deaf, not daft” and their reaction is very sheepish. Just my little fight back.
Fight the good fight Eccles!
Onwards and upwards for the FOC army. Glory to the oldsters!

If I was Lewis I'd be marching up the pit lane and grabbing the **** by the throat if that's what he's said. The weasly twat would shit himself.
I don't care how old he is, he should be educated enough to know not to say what your 1970's brain is still telling you to think.
Fucking dinosaur.
I didn't know dinosaurs were racist.

First of all, I hope you're well on the road to a full recovery Sheila. Good to see you as feisty as ever.

I agree with you. What grinds my gears is those 'iPad for Seniors' type of books. I'm one of those 'seniors' and I work on the design & development of some of the largest and most complex IT systems in Europe. I don't need some patronising fucker telling me how to use an iPad.
Great post mate. What button do you press for Siri again?

Eccles, my mums 87, still got everything about her. She went into Boots and they couldn't find her appointment, she was not impressed when the young woman said 'Have you come to the right shop ? This is Boots. ' This was followed by 'We have a Boots in Stretford, perhaps you booked with them' My mam pointed to another assistant and said that she had taken the booking and it wasn't my mams fault they had messed up.
My mam refused to leave until she had been seen by the optician.
Why would you be so nasty ? certainly condescending to someone just because they are old ?
Anyway as they say round here Bastardo non carborundum - don't let the bastards grind you down

I am, as you all must be sick of reading, a bit middle aged ;-) but I don’t think I’m prejudiced against anyone (except naturally LiVARpool and that Stretford lot) and I’m definitely NOT racist or against the youth of the country. You can’t teach and be involved in education at all levels for over 50 years and not like youngsters.

So why all of a sudden is it ok to be oldageist? This month alone I’ve been patronised by 2 professionals who should know better, I read about people resenting our having to use the NHS and services. I’ve been reading about a tennis personage who has accused older people of not having good eyesight because he didn’t get what the tennis player thought he should. Now Lewis Hamilton is attacking old people.

Please someone explain to me why it is wrong to grow old? I remember years ago watching a film in which people over, I think it was 30, were ‘disposed’ of because the population was being kept under control. Is this what these people want to happen now?

I worked all my adult life, paid a full NI Stamp and still pay taxes on my Teacher Pension that I paid a percentage of my salary toward and don’t and never did claim anything at all. I was a one parent ‘family’ without support from my ex-husband as the laws were not very good in those days. My kids didn’t get free dinners (because I was too proud to apply for them) although one son did get a partial grant when he went to Uni (before loans) but he worked to pay for his accommodation and I took a part time cleaning job for a time to help with the rest. If I had been able to afford it he wouldn’t have had to apply even for that part grant.

My offspring and their offspring and my extended family love me so that helps but why are people so hurtful?

Sorry for the sort of rant but I am hurt as well as puzzled.
After a political debate and a state of the world discussion with my 20 year old son yesterday he told me thinks there should be an upper age limit on when someone is allowed to vote. I pointed out to him that this would mean his grandmother would not be allowed to vote and that he, would in effect, be stealing her voice. Thing is @Eccles, where does it end, IQ below mine - no vote, disagree with me - no vote, too fat, too thin, smoke, eat poor quality food - no nhs. It's a dangerous path.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.