Messi compared to Maradona

Maradonas birthday today

Only 55, fuck me he seems to have been around forever

Last edited:
Pep would have kicked Maradona out of that Barca side for being unprofessional, like he did with Ronaldinho.

It's true that Maradona played in an age where teams simply didn't have the concentration of talent that they do now in the super club era, but that applied even more to the opposition. Maradona never faced sides as stacked with world class talent as Messi has over the last 10 years.

The other thing people never seem to mention that Maradona missed about 1/3 of every season because he was unfit and didn't look after himself. 250 league appearances in 10 years in Europe, admittedly sometimes in 18 team leagues, but he missed a lot of games. Messi's racked up 343 in the past 10 seasons.

Talent was more evenly spread throughout Europe back then though.

Maradona also played in Serie A when it was the best league in the world, so he faced plenty of teams with world class players.

He also missed a load of games with injury, having been kicked up and down the pitch by opposition defenders, something which wouldn't happen now.

My children (all in their thirties) informed me that Messi is better than Maradona. I dont agree but they went on about all the medals and awards that Messi has won. They sounded convincing until they started using a similar argument to say that One Direction were bigger than the Beatles.

Played in one league in a dominant team.
Been average internationally

Sorry but he is no maradona.

If he has moved about an done it I would be able to thinhk he was the best, but for me if I could choose and argentinian foorward I would rather have Aguero or Tevez

DISCUSS
Tosser.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.