I don't want this season to end

We did manage a minor "typical City" in the derby, but strange as it feels right now, I actually think giving them the tiniest bit of hope then, made it all the sweeter we then took spurs apart, and they wilted in front of their own fans the following day.

Yes I was gutted until we beat Spur's and they lost to West Brom, so over a bloody week. I must have replayed that game over and over in my head, still wondering how we lost it. As you say though it almost made it sweeter in the end.

Yes I was gutted until we beat Spur's and they lost to West Brom, so over a bloody week. I must have replayed that game over and over in my head, still wondering how we lost it. As you say though it almost made it sweeter in the end.
I was annoyed too, and slightly worried that losing to spurs would give them greater hope, with 4 defeats on the trot, (I kept reading the "gap" might only be 7 seven by the time we played Swansea) but I was confident we wouldn't lose against spurs, and it was a pleasure to see us play the way we did, in fact I think it was one of our best performances of the season, and as soon as we'd won that, I thought they'd lose against WBA the following day.

I was annoyed too, and slightly worried that losing to spurs would give them greater hope, with 4 defeats on the trot, (I kept reading the "gap" might only be 7 seven by the time we played Swansea) but I was confident we wouldn't lose against spurs, and it was a pleasure to see us play the way we did, in fact I think it was one of our best performances of the season, and as soon as we'd won that, I thought they'd lose against WBA the following day.

I relaxed once we had beaten Spurs because I knew whatever they did we only needed one more win and given our remaining fixtures no way we were going to fail. Also in spite of the defeats our first half performances against the rags and Liverpool at home were magnificent.

Having said all that if the gap would have been down to seven going into the Swansea game I would have been flapping lol! Our performances this season decrees we win it by a country mile and thankfully it looks like we will.

Yep know what you mean, used to have a strange mixed feeling when the football season started, I missed the football but it meant that summer was nearly over and back to crap weather.

Now it means that summer has started again football wise. Can this team get any better I wouldn’t bet against it.

I do and I don't. I don't because of how much enjoyment I am getting from watching us. We have been spoilt and then have to be dumbed down watching the World Cup. Now we don't have anything else to win though (records aside) I want next season to start where we have left off.

Have loved it but it has left me a bit emotionally shattered. The week I went to the 3 games we lost took over my life. Will be glad of the break and a nice summer.

I have loved his season because we have shown that under Pep we now have an identity in terms of style of play.

I cant wait for next season with the small tweaks that Pep will make.

didnt like the bad week we had but i suppose we had to have a wobble at some point and unfortunately it occurred in those 3 games - however we are still the best team in the Prem

Onwards and upwards

I loved it as well. Some cracking players down through the ages, always loved watching Clive Lloyd coming out to bat. The cricket bat looked like a twig in his hand.

The Gillette Cup on Sunday afternoons in the 70's.....happy happy days.
Barry wood
David Lloyd
Harry pilling
Jack bond
Frank Hayes
Clive Lloyd
Farouk engineer
Peter Lever
Jack Simmons
Ken shuttleworth
David Hughes

What great memories. A fantastic team full of characters

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.