I enjoyed it tonight!

Ja Salford Blue

I’m an 18 year season ticket holder with over 20,000 loyalty points. But I enjoyed watching it at home with a curry and my dad tonight (who also goes home and away with me). We spoke more than we ever do on a match day. Football isn’t life, family is! I would take tonight over any City game I have ever been to x

I’m an 18 year season ticket holder with over 20,000 loyalty points. But I enjoyed watching it at home with a curry and my dad tonight (who also goes home and away with me). We spoke more than we ever do on a match day. Football isn’t life, family is! I would take tonight over any City game I have ever been to x

Hey, and I mean this genuinely, probably the best thing I’ve seen posted about the spectacle called football today.

And you are right - football isn’t life.

Which, besides some sort of social commentary point I could make right now it’s way more important you had a good time with your dad. I appreciate those times with mine as well these days.

What I found enjoyable about watching the game was not feeling guilty about not being there, I have followed city home and away for nearly 50 years and for some reason feel guilty for not being at the games that I watch on tv mostly away as have season ticket, but do not attend some champ league games at home and have missed a couple of home games over the years.

I would have loved to be at the game, like most of us. I enjoyed the game on TV and we played splendid football for more than an hour. As I said in the post match thread, I really got into it as the match went on and I was singing from my armchair as well as applauding our substituted lads off. Thanks to City for providing the free TV passes.

needs and means sadly from about 2007 for me ? so football on tv is a norm. ok had a season ticket for a couple of seasons now and nothing will ever take away the feeling of going to the match and being there ?? playing football empty stadiums is a crime. but sadly there is on other options other than calling it void and we all know that was never going to happen with liverpool 25 points clear

the game tonight was like nothing i have watched on tv ? and it had a edge and desire that i thought would be missing without fans. the players played with intent and passion and all without fans pushing or shouting them on. i thought the players would just walk around and pass it and not tackle or foul each other but that was not the case

so a manchester city game in a empty stadium should not be enjoyable sat at home. but because of the desire and passion and the result it passed the test. and now maybe if the weather holds am thinking of watching the next game in the garden with one or 2 people and have somebody to bounce and chew the fat

Being in Oz I'm well used to watching on TV or the pub.
I didn't expect to enjoy this game with no crowd and the virus, but it was pretty good surprisingly.

I really enjoyed it. We can also play with some freedom for the season. Great stuff City.

was better than expected, turned volume down and watched on my laptop. football without fans is not good, but we need to keep players fit and sharp, this is the only way. Plus keep tv money happy. Well done all players and coaches for the tempo and effort during the game

The crowd noise definitely made it seem more 'normal'. Without the noise it was every bit as barren an experience as I thought it would be. City played some beautiful football mind.
Other thoughts on the night, Martin Tyler is an absolute weapon.
The whole goal line thing at Villa is really worrying. Ok, so the hawkeye software didn't work for whatever reason, but both the referee and VAR failed to intervene and make the decision that everybody could see. Again, speaks volumes about the standard of refereeing and the complete shambles that is VAR.

Last edited:
Thought the crowd noise was strange at first but got used to it. Better option would have been crowd noise with no Tyler and Rat Boy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.