Hugh Ferris

Why Always Ste said:
Get Fanzone Walt :D

When we score he could run up to the away end with his microphone screaming "TAKE IT, TAKE IT, TAKE IT!". :D

James H. Reeve is surely the obvious choice if there is to be a replacement.

He has the necessary experience, the confidence and most importantly, is City through and through!

You've got to remember that the role that Hugh Ferris performs... is a job! So what if he doesn't support City... I'm sure there are hundreds of people working at the Etihad Campus who don't support City! Plus, whilst he supports another team, he is supported on matchday by two very fervent City fans in fanzone Danny and Natalie Pike.

Hugh Ferris does what he's paid to do and he does it well... ok, he's not going to be everybody's cup of tie but then again neither is Mancini, or Dzeko, or Balotelli.... see where I'm coming from here?

Remember Alan Keegan? He was a red and left us to go to Old Trafford... I'm sure some people liked him and some people hated him...but he did his job well as that was what he was paid to do.

If we are looking for a City fan to perform the role on matchday although I'm happy with Hugh personnally, then Will Perry of 5Live Sports would be a great choice. Some people have mentioned Jason Manford, who would be great... but then again, with their busy schedules and in Jason's case, comedy tour dates, may mean they haven't got the free time EVERY matchday to perform the role.

In the meantime, leave Hugh Ferris alone... he's doing a fine job!

SharstonBlue said:
In the meantime, leave Hugh Ferris alone... he's doing a fine job!
if Mancini had his way I think he would use the old Roman entertainment - Hugh's feet and hands would be chopped off, then his stumps coated in honey and a number of large hungry bears released. De Niro would probably use his influence and put an early end to the fun tho'.

I hate the cheesification of match days and the way media wannabees such as Ferris flounce around using City as a training course for a media career ( doubt you'll make it Hugh)

However I'm prepared to accept that maybe I'm a luddite and we must move with the times.

That said, his shameful disgusting interview with "top of the league" Joleon Lescott at the victory parade was a sackable offence in my book.

Get rid, these media muppets are ten a penny. If this is the way the club want to "enhance" the match day experience (*puts head in hands and sighs*) then show Hugh the door and get somebody in who can afford the real stars of the show some respect

Santiago Street . said:
That said, his shameful disgusting interview with "top of the league" Joleon Lescott at the victory parade was a sackable offence in my book.

thats what im talking about

maineroadman said:
James H. Reeve is surely the obvious choice if there is to be a replacement.

He has the necessary experience, the confidence and most importantly, is City through and through!

Campaign for James H should be started.

It's a difficult one, I'd have had him out years ago but I don't know what the answer is, I've chatted to both Danny & Natalie however, both are although well meaning awful on the microphone. Mike Mc is much better but too edgy for today's snowflake society.....maybe the answer is just fuck them all off & let the crowd/brass band play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.