I had Adie Mike in my sticker book

remember Felix Maggath scaring the shit out of me as I thought he looked like the American werewolf in London.
I remember being shit scared of a Newcastle player sticker, chap called Joe Allon. Would have been about 1986 or 7. Blone hair, big teeth. Bloody terrifying.

I think it was Merlin sticker books I had from memory. I am not sure if they were the same as Panini?
Panini where the big boys during the 80's. When the Premier League started a small company called Merlin won the rights to produce the official premier league stickers and they took off big time, becoming more popular than ever during the early to mid nineties. Panini, realising they had dropped a bollock, then came along with an offer for Merlin they could not refuse. They sold, a decision they soon came to regret.
Saw this on a football sticker doc a few years ago.

Edit, I think it might have been Topps who bought out Merlin not Panini.

Last edited:
Panini where the big boys during the 80's. When the Premier League started a small company called Merlin won the rights to produce the official premier league stickers and they took off big time, becoming more popular than ever during the early to mid nineties. Panini, realising they had dropped a bollock, then came along with an offer for Merlin they could not refuse. They sold, a decision they soon came to regret.

You my friend, are very learned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.