I have a feeling.......

jay_mcfc said:
Gstar people like you and some others on the board can't differentiate between supporters who don't rate Hughes and supporters who are doom and gloom merchants. Me, for example, well I have never ever boo'd at a game, I very rarely criticise players (look at all these threads these days slagging off Richards/Evans etc...makes me sick reading some of it) in fact I defend the players too much, including ex players which gets me grief on here but who gives a shit? The squad we have now is a brilliant bunch full of extremely talented individuals, makes me proud to be a blue now after some of the shite we've had over the years. No doubt some of the players we have now are not good enough for where we want to go but I don't criticise them for that, it's not their fault. When I'm at games I sing and clap as much as anyone. In fact, apart from slagging off Mark Hughes on a message board I don't really do or say anything negative about the club. This place is where I come to let off the steam because I will never show it at a game nor will I ever get involved in any Hughes out singing.

Do you know what...I don't even blame Hughes for being so shit...again it's not his fault. He was never qualified to replace Sven I don't care what anyone says. It's the man who employed him fault and I don't really care if people say that's bullshit, it's my opinion and will be until Hughes goes and I can close the chapter on MH and the good Dr once and for all.

Seemed you skipped my question again ;)

I haven't put you down as a doom and gloomer... just being very repetitive re: Hughes. I don't see how its 'ok' not to slag off at all players but openly slag off the manager at every oppourtunity on the board. I get that its a message board so you can vent away from the ground but surely the players deserve as much blame for the situation, perhaps even more, than the manager does? They are the ones that go out and aren't getting the results who may or may not be following Hughes' tactics.

Perhaps Hughes is standing up for the team by deflecting criticism away from the team onto everyone else in interviews and then behind closed doors lambasting them for not following what he wants - we don't know.

We both go to the games and don't boo and get behind the team at every oppourtunity but that wasn't really the point of where this was going... but anywhere, i'm not here to argue.

I'm not pro Hughes by any means but i find it too hard to believe the entire blame of our situation should fairly be aimed solely at the feet of our manager.

tommcfc said:
Bovril said:
FFS why are everyone so bitter about City, its only a game thats not that important think of Oldham Blue and the guy still in hospital in Germany. Come on people start being positive about our passion it will be ok in the end.

how is that relevant to this thread at all?
their situations are both extremely saddening and i wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
but
what is the point in bringing that up in a discussion about the club and manager?
Because it's putting things into perspective.

GStar said:
Perhaps Hughes is standing up for the team by deflecting criticism away from the team onto everyone else in interviews and then behind closed doors lambasting them for not following what he wants - we don't know.

I hope he is giving them the odd bollocking behind closed doors, but the idea of Hughes standing up for the team by deflecting criticism away from them did make me laugh. From what I can see he is deflecting blame from himself by deflecting criticism onto the players.

Halfpenny said:
tommcfc said:
how is that relevant to this thread at all?
their situations are both extremely saddening and i wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
but
what is the point in bringing that up in a discussion about the club and manager?
Because it's putting things into perspective.

using peoples death and hardships to get people to stop voicing what they think and put them on some sort of guilt trip. thats what it looks like to me

i should have been a ragged pair of claws; scuttling across the floors of silent seas. either that or a city fan on this forum.

The buck always stops with the manager. Yes players can have periods where they are under performing but generally Hughes management has been terrible and he was never suited to our job anyway. Perfect for Bolton, Blackburn, Stoke etc but not for City. Like I've said before I didn't think Hughes was a bad manager before he came and thought he would do ok...unfortunately I over estimated him.

nico1 said:
i should have been a ragged pair of claws; scuttling across the floors of silent seas. either that or a city fan on this forum.

TS Elliot.

Too deep for this time of the day.

moomba said:
GStar said:

I hope he is giving them the odd bollocking behind closed doors, but the idea of Hughes standing up for the team by deflecting criticism away from them did make me laugh. From what I can see he is deflecting blame from himself by deflecting criticism onto the players.

I haven't seen him criticise the players... just say things like "We didn't quite create enough chances to win the game" or "I thought we played quite well" after drawing with Fulham... seems to me like he's standing up for the players in interviews.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.