I have too much money

Blue Mist

It is just a quick announcement but I thought the Cellar should know I am wadded and I like throwing my money away.

Well so it seems anyway. I have just opened the fridge and there is a pack of Marks and Spencers 'Maris Piper Buttered Mash'. It is in a dainty plastic tray with nice wavy lines on the top !!!

Now I am no cook but I thought you could buy some loose from the shop, peel them, boil them and then splodge them with a masher having added a bit of butter and milk. How rocking hard is that ? But no Mrs Mist clearly thinks I have far to much money and can waste it on stupid food. No wonder Mr Marks and Mr Spencer are rich bastards.

Although I haven't gone the the extremes of packet mash, I have been watching 'Eat well for less'. Bit of an eye opener re food prices, quality and nutrition.

Rare i buy stuff like that tbh, it is just so lazy. How hard is it or labour intensive to chuck some taters in water and stick the hob on.

The best ones are the roasted red pepper and tomato based products. Expensive and achingly easy to do.
Just stick the stuff in the oven, it does not even need oil or anything else that takes time and effort.

Had my rib eye steak out for 2 days drying in the fridge and coming to room temp now. This will get some nice home made wedges (another easy thing to make) and stuffed mushroom (another easy thing to do)

Took me 3min to make 4 chicken kievs yesterday, make a pocket and stuff chopped or crushed garlic in with mozzarella, roll in bread crumbs and your done. I bet it is better than any you get from a store which i may add do not even have any actual garlic in them at all, YUCK !

If your unwilling to do 2min of prep you deserve to be parted from your cash.

Although I haven't gone the the extremes of packet mash, I have been watching 'Eat well for less'. Bit of an eye opener re food prices, quality and nutrition.

BillyBonds said:

This isn't packet mash like Cadburys Smash. This is the real thing, proper mashed potato (with butter) put into a plastic tray and sealed. I hate to think how much that has cost (me) and it is so lazy.

That said I haven't had the balls to ask her why we are wasting money on ready made expensive shite.

dan_bo said:
Feckers that buy prepped veg and grated cheese do for me.

Oh yeah and those fuckers, i think if you see someone buy grated cheese we should be allowed to verbally abuse them for no less than 20 seconds.

Fucking hell I must be minted too.

Great thread by the way.

Blue Mist said:
It is just a quick announcement but I thought the Cellar should know I am wadded and I like throwing my money away.

Well so it seems anyway. I have just opened the fridge and there is a pack of Marks and Spencers 'Maris Piper Buttered Mash'. It is in a dainty plastic tray with nice wavy lines on the top !!!

Now I am no cook but I thought you could buy some loose from the shop, peel them, boil them and then splodge them with a masher having added a bit of butter and milk. How rocking hard is that ? But no Mrs Mist clearly thinks I have far to much money and can waste it on stupid food. No wonder Mr Marks and Mr Spencer are rich bastards.

Perhaps she is expecting a windfall from NIgeria

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.