I have too much money

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Blue Mist, 12 Feb 2015.

1. Blue Mist

Blue Mist

It is just a quick announcement but I thought the Cellar should know I am wadded and I like throwing my money away.

Well so it seems anyway. I have just opened the fridge and there is a pack of Marks and Spencers 'Maris Piper Buttered Mash'. It is in a dainty plastic tray with nice wavy lines on the top !!!

Now I am no cook but I thought you could buy some loose from the shop, peel them, boil them and then splodge them with a masher having added a bit of butter and milk. How rocking hard is that ? But no Mrs Mist clearly thinks I have far to much money and can waste it on stupid food. No wonder Mr Marks and Mr Spencer are rich bastards.

2. BillyBonds

BillyBonds

Although I haven't gone the the extremes of packet mash, I have been watching 'Eat well for less'. Bit of an eye opener re food prices, quality and nutrition.

3. TCIB

TCIB

Rare i buy stuff like that tbh, it is just so lazy. How hard is it or labour intensive to chuck some taters in water and stick the hob on.

The best ones are the roasted red pepper and tomato based products. Expensive and achingly easy to do.
    Just stick the stuff in the oven, it does not even need oil or anything else that takes time and effort.

Had my rib eye steak out for 2 days drying in the fridge and coming to room temp now. This will get some nice home made wedges (another easy thing to make) and stuffed mushroom (another easy thing to do)

Took me 3min to make 4 chicken kievs yesterday, make a pocket and stuff chopped or crushed garlic in with mozzarella, roll in bread crumbs and your done. I bet it is better than any you get from a store which i may add do not even have any actual garlic in them at all, YUCK !

If your unwilling to do 2min of prep you deserve to be parted from your cash.

4. dan_bo

dan_bo

Feckers that buy prepped veg and grated cheese do for me.

5. BillyBonds

BillyBonds

Although I haven't gone the the extremes of packet mash, I have been watching 'Eat well for less'. Bit of an eye opener re food prices, quality and nutrition.

6. Blue Mist

Blue Mist

This isn't packet mash like Cadburys Smash. This is the real thing, proper mashed potato (with butter) put into a plastic tray and sealed. I hate to think how much that has cost (me) and it is so lazy.

That said I haven't had the balls to ask her why we are wasting money on ready made expensive shite.

7. TCIB

TCIB

Oh yeah and those fuckers, i think if you see someone buy grated cheese we should be allowed to verbally abuse them for no less than 20 seconds.

8. Bigga

Bigga

The Blue Buus... is callin us... Driver, where you
    My Mrs says she hasn't the time to grate cheese and bleed her fingers.

9. Fucking hell I must be minted too.

Great thread by the way.

10. blueish swede

blueish swede

Perhaps she is expecting a windfall from NIgeria