I hope SWP takes Evra apart on sunday

Goater=Legend

Evra - Men against babies
Frenchman in no doubt about United's superiority

Patrice Evra believes Manchester United are on another level to the 'babies' of Arsenal following their crushing UEFA Champions League victory.

Sir Alex Ferguson's European Cup holders booked their place in back-to-back finals on Tuesday with an impressive 4-1 aggregate victory over the Gunners.

And after ensuring English rivals Arsenal are facing a fourth successive trophyless campaign in the wake of a painful 3-1 second-leg defeat at Emirates Stadium, Evra is in no doubt about United's superiority.

"It was 11 men against 11 babies. We never doubted ourselves," the France international said in The Sun.

"We have much more experience and that's what made the difference. We were always confident. It should have been that score in the first leg anyway. It is a great United team that won.

"Football today is not only about playing well, it's about winning trophies. Everybody talks about the way Arsenal play but, at the end of the day, it's about winning silverware.

"At United, we play well and we win. Tactically and technically we were superior. You look at our starting 11 and theirs and you see that we are well above.

"Lots of people are disappointed because they thought they would beat us like they did in the league. But the Champions League is another level."

Now he may have a point, but the arrogance is getting ridiculous especially from Evra

SWP would offer us greater defensive protection and is more likely to run at the defence.

The rags just kicked him up in the air every time he got it at COMS. Never seen such a cynical display of fouling from one team the dirty bastards. Elano is more of a threat with through balls and set pieces and he's playing well at the moment so I'd go with him ahead of SWP.

We need his pace to counter Evra. As much as we have seen Elano tracking back, I don't think he could hand;e the french twat. Though who is taken out and put where I don't know.

Can't see SWP getting the better of Evra much anyway, even if it is more than Elano. Plus, Elano's more likely to cut inside which forces Evra onto his weaker side. And Elano can pass and has a first touch far superior to SWP.

masterwig said:
SWP would offer us greater defensive protection and is more likely to run at the defence.

The rags just kicked him up in the air every time he got it at COMS. Never seen such a cynical display of fouling from one team the dirty bastards. Elano is more of a threat with through balls and set pieces and he's playing well at the moment so I'd go with him ahead of SWP.

totally agree. It was cynical and calculated. Every time one of them got a yellow for it another would take over the duties.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.