I hope we don't win the title next season

bluenova

The emotion yesterday was just so amazing, and it got me thinking about what is special in football.

Goals are special because they come at random moments, often when you think one might never be scored. The beauty of yesterday was the build up of emotion - the time we weren't scoring which made the goals so much more.

Yesterday was a moment we'll never forget - but how many of us know United fans who no longer even watch the last match of the season? Or who have missed a cup final, because they've been to enough already?

I suspect the top teams (including us) will dominate for years to come, and we'll be celebrating many more wins, but part of me wishes that a few other clubs could have a chance to end their years of despair too.

I still want success, but it would be nice for future titles to be special too...and that instead of ourselves and United sharing the next decade, how great would it be to be genuinely fighting for the title with Spurs (yes, even Spurs), or Newcastle - teams that have waited longer than us for a championship win?

it doesnt matter what happens, i think yesterday i experienced the greatest moment i ever will

If we don't win it next year, i hope Liverpool does just to strip the rags of their disgusting 19 "pride". unfortunately this is a loooong shot.

i hope we win the league every season from now until the world stops spinning, these are the times we dreamt of, but never believed could happen, i am going to enjoy every trophy, every trip to wembley, every star signing, and every nail in united's coffin.

the last month has been the most incredible journey as a city fan, but it is going to be the norm, our beloved club is going to explode to the next level, and i for one absolutely love it.

I think I agree that any success isn't going to be quite as special as the last if we are going to head into a sustained period of collecting silverware. However, it will still be special. Days like yesterday make you remember where we have come from and you have to take enourmous pride from these moments. It is upto us, the fans, to make sure that the atmosphere doesn't head the way of those corporate machines, and that the core fans inside are those who have been there through the good and the bad.

I think next year we should push on even more in making Etihad our home and show the rest of the watching world that abit of success hasn't taken the passion out of our crowds. We have to build on our Champions league campaign and hopefully try to conquer Europe which is just yet another exciting journey that we can look forward to.

My opinion is: ABU

If we don't win the league next year it doesn't matter much to me but only if Anyone But United win it.

fathellensbellend said:
i hope we win the league every season from now until the world stops spinning, these are the times we dreamt of, but never believed could happen, i am going to enjoy every trophy, every trip to wembley, every star signing, and every nail in united's coffin.

the last month has been the most incredible journey as a city fan, but it is going to be the norm, our beloved club is going to explode to the next level, and i for one absolutely love it.

amen

No subsequent title win will ever better that.

But I do hope we win it next season especially as it will almost certainly be the last year for Mr Giggs and Mr Scholes

bluenova said:
The emotion yesterday was just so amazing, and it got me thinking about what is special in football.

Goals are special because they come at random moments, often when you think one might never be scored. The beauty of yesterday was the build up of emotion - the time we weren't scoring which made the goals so much more.

Yesterday was a moment we'll never forget - but how many of us know United fans who no longer even watch the last match of the season? Or who have missed a cup final, because they've been to enough already?

I suspect the top teams (including us) will dominate for years to come, and we'll be celebrating many more wins, but part of me wishes that a few other clubs could have a chance to end their years of despair too.

I still want success, but it would be nice for future titles to be special too...and that instead of ourselves and United sharing the next decade, how great would it be to be genuinely fighting for the title with Spurs (yes, even Spurs), or Newcastle - teams that have waited longer than us for a championship win?
Speak for yourself mate...... I'll consider this when we surpass title number 19!! This is the reason why I celebrated our win and within 30 minutes it was back to the reality that the Rags I know will only say to us what Liverpool said to them; 'Come back when you've won as many titles as we have'......

Even the Dark Lord himself retorted it'll take us a century to achieve what they have!! I won't allow them to spoil my moment, but last year we forced them to take down THAT banner, this year the 44 years taunts were rammed down their throats, the next thing I expect is you've never won the Champions League and then it'll be a numbers game with them, so I for one won't rest until we've surpassed them in every way and restored the natural order of things in Manchester.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.