I know this is hard to accept now, but City improved today!

Dax777

The poor run of games, the heartache today, a momentary loss of form by our strikers, and a few individual poor performances actually masked some amazing signs of gelled chemistry.

I know many don't even want to here it, but I am more confident today in our football than I was in October when we were flying high. Nasri, Barry, Yaya, De Jong, Zab and even AJ ran some excellent quick ball and player movement drills that impressed me. To be honest my only disappointed today was Nasri being subbed early. I don't know why, but he seem to be the one on the shortest leash on our squad. He is our most intelligent player off the ball. And knows how to move in a way that confuses the opposition better than any other player on the squad. This type of movement is what is going to help us break down the 2 banks of 4 we are going to see lots more of.

I hope Mancini sees this and keeps faith with him. He is as intelligent as they come. And knows how to maneuver in tight spaces. He wll deliver when Yaya leaves. I just hope he gets that starting spot next to Barry.

There were occasions when we did not move the ball anything like quickly enough, occasions where we were plain unlucky and occasions where the finishing wasn't good enough in my opinion. On another day some of those things can and will be different - it's a bit of a concern not scoring in two away games but we will have to get used to the way teams are setting up now and figure out ways around it. It is going to occur a lot of times at teams in the lower half of the table in particular. Selection changes may have also played a part. Today reminded me a bit of Villa away last season but we will encounter games like that.

I think we had something like 19 shots, 7 on target and 65% possession only the middle statistic there is one that concerns me - hopefully it is just a blip and not something long-term that will be detrimental to our title hopes - I certainly feel confident that we can get the requisite away points and our home form is outstanding so there is cause for optimism.

We could have been in second place now so let's bounce back on Tuesday.

Ntini77 said:
I'd hate to see us have an off day in your world.
I am not looking at the result. I already accepted that we lost. We didn't play well in some respects. But I saw United level lightning quick counters on 3 occasions that wee the function of passing and movement. This type of play was not usually in City's arsenal. Now it is there.

Just got back. Not having a go at Bobby in any way but I'm afraid in my view he got the team wrong today. I know we play again in a couple of days but if he'd started with the team that finished we would have wrapped the game up instead of suicidal football at the end of the game. Get 2 up, then rest players. Too big a gamble otherwise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.