I know we missed out...

MCFC BOB

Fred's Patio on me: "Mr. Self Appointed Lord of Wh
... but I wasn't that bothered. I wanted fourth, I really did. But in seven months we have come so far as a club. Even a team that all season, that didn't appear to 'gel', still managed to finish in the top 6 (the target that Hughes was set the day after the end of last season). I was downhearted when Spurs scored, but a little voice inside me reminded me that we're in the Europa League next season, and that if Fulham can get to the Europa League Final then we can definately do it. Spurs have got no chance of winning that trophy, and will fall at the group stages. If we can sign players that are the likes of Tevez when we finish 9th, imagine the players we can bring in if we finish in the top 6!

To come so far and only fall short of the mark by a couple of stupid games, shows how far we have come under Sheik Mansour and Khaldoon Al-Mubarak. We've finished in the top 6 in a season plagued by shootings, births and managerial changes. Surely this means we're heading towards where Spurs are now? We have all the money in the world to spend, and 3 months in which to spend it, relatively. Nobody in the world has a bigger potential to reach the heights of football than we do. Surely if we just join the cogs in the right places then we can reach that place.

I personally think we'll finish second next season. Call me mad, deluded or deranged, but I think we can mount a title challenge.

We're finishing in the top 6. Five years ago I would have laughed if anyone had told me that. Ten years ago, and I would have punched that person for taking the piss out of City. That blue moon is fucking rising. We're going to finish just 12-15 behind the top of the table this year, and but for some minor fuck-ups then we would have finished above Arsenal.

THE FUTURE'S BRIGHT, THE FUTURE'S BLUE. FORZA MANCINI.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.