I Love Roberto Mancini

blueinbolton77

Hard luck to the lads last night, just didn't go our way. Shame about the red for Ade as well, bit of a blow for us at this time and I thought a bit harsh considering he was holding off.

Obviously, Bobby knows what he's doing, he's a great manager, but I still can't understand why the players seem to stand off when the other team win the ball from us, and let them come forward, instead of pressurising them as soon as they receive it in their half! You can see the frustration in Bobbys face.

Also, I wish they would stop feeding the ball all the way back to Shay Given from midfield, only to boot it back up!! That's getting slightly frustrating for all of us, and maybe shows a lack of imagination on the players parts. Though I thought Shaun Wright-Philips is looking good again, glad to see he's staying on his feet.

I think Bobby will probably look at changing a number of the players over the summer. And quite rightly so, some of them just didn't look like they wanted to be there whatsoever.

Anyway, well done Stoke, fair play to ya and hope you give Chelsea a good thrashing!

blueinbolton77 said:
Hard luck to the lads last night, just didn't go our way. Shame about the red for Ade as well, bit of a blow for us at this time and I thought a bit harsh considering he was holding off.

Obviously, Bobby knows what he's doing, he's a great manager, but I still can't understand why the players seem to stand off when the other team win the ball from us, and let them come forward, instead of pressurising them as soon as they receive it in their half! You can see the frustration in Bobbys face.

Also, I wish they would stop feeding the ball all the way back to Shay Given from midfield, only to boot it back up!! That's getting slightly frustrating for all of us, and maybe shows a lack of imagination on the players parts. Though I thought Shaun Wright-Philips is looking good again, glad to see he's staying on his feet.

I think Bobby will probably look at changing a number of the players over the summer. And quite rightly so, some of them just didn't look like they wanted to be there whatsoever.

Anyway, well done Stoke, fair play to ya and hope you give Chelsea a good thrashing![/quote]
apart from the\last bit, fairy muff

blueinbolton77 said:

Anyway, well done Stoke, fair play to ya and hope you give Chelsea a good thrashing!

Full agreement bar the last para. I'm a vindictive old sod and I will take much comfort in the blue stuffing the red.

But why we do not as a team close people down in their own half, right on top of their own penalty area. Milan were doing this for the full 90 mins last night. And people go on about Italian football being off EPL pace. Teams just love the opportunity to take the ball into their opponent's half unchallenged. We did this against Liverpool, Stoke in the first match, and it seems that it is now an integral part of the grand plan. Tevez is the only one not following the plan. Perhaps it's a language thing!

JULES said:
Anyway, well done Stoke, fair play to ya and hope you give Chelsea a good thrashing![/quote]
apart from the\last bit, fairy muff

I say that because for some reason, we've always pondered and analysed far too much at City when we lose, we should just take a defeat and move on like top clubs do and not look for a scapegoat to execute.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
"Obviously, Bobby knows what he's doing, he's a great manager"

Why obviously based on what he has done at City?

Well to be fair, I never said "obviously" because of what he's done at City. But I think most pundits ( apart from Nelly I feel !! ), would agree he's a good manager.

blueinbolton77 said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
"Obviously, Bobby knows what he's doing, he's a great manager"

Why obviously based on what he has done at City?

Well to be fair, I never said "obviously" because of what he's done at City. But I think most pundits ( apart from Nelly I feel !! ), would agree he's a good manager.

So it seems you agree that AT CITY he has done nothing to warrant the heading great manager?

blueinbolton77 said:

Too reasonable and calm for some of the drama queens on here mate

Nelly's Left Foot said:
So it seems you agree that AT CITY he has done nothing to warrant the heading great manager?

Crikey, not yet. I'd be extremely foolish to judge a manager based on two months of football. Even if he started a shelf stacking job at ASDA he'd get a three month probationary period, so I think, given his record, he's worth supporting. I'll wait and see what summer signings he brings in, if he get us European football, and how 10/11 pans out.

blueinbolton77 said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:

Crikey, not yet. I'd be extremely foolish to judge a manager based on two months of football. Even if he started a shelf stacking job at ASDA he'd get a three month probationary period, so I think, given his record, he's worth supporting. I'll wait and see what summer signings he brings in, if he get us European football, and how 10/11 pans out.

100% agree he needs to be given time and should be supported but my question to you was about why you said he " obviously knows what he is doing , he's a great manager". I was just asking what eveidence you have for saying that? None it seems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.