Leroy Sané

Leroy never gave me the impression that he wanted to be at City. However, I am gutted that we lost him to those Bavarian skunks for such a measly transfer fee. Other transfers over the years have disgusted me. Barnes, Owen, Mackenzie, Hinchcliffe and Warhurst, for example, were senseless transfers by clueless managers.

Lewandowski finally took a break from scoring against Frankfurt to allow Sane to bang in a wonder goal ....

Last edited:
Leroy never gave me the impression that he wanted to be at City. However, I am gutted that we lost him to those Bavarian skunks for such a measly transfer fee. Other transfers over the years have disgusted me. Barnes, Owen, Mackenzie, Hinchcliffe and Warhurst, for example, were senseless transfers by clueless managers.

As you say , City have rarely got good money for players they've got rid of ... although maybe Iheanacho was an exception at the £25m we received from Leicester ...... and Paul Stewart who left us for Spurs back in 1988 for £1.7m wasn't a bad fee either, it was said to be a record at the time.

But looking at the huge transfer fee that any sale of Sancho might bring looks like we might well have suffered the 'steal of the century' when Dortmund mugged us three years ago !

Last edited:
Revisionist history? From what I saw, leaving City only arose when he was consistently benched by Pep for all important games despite playing a critical role in our two title wins.
Really? Well there were occasions he did an excellent impersonation of a player not happy at his current club because the manager had exercised his right to leave him out because he wasn’t willing to do exactly what was required of him.

He is not the same player after the injury. Having problems in Bayern too.
It is absolutely normal that a player has little problems after a year out of football.

He will not be the same player at Bayern as he plays in a different system and probably will play far more often on the right than on the left.

And it seems that he can play very well on the right, too. That goal against Frankfurt was Robbenesque...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.