I need some help with punctuation/ capitalisation

There is a Light

I am getting my mate's first dance record framed with an inscription from a place called the Old Record store.

I have mild OCD for spelling mistakes though and a mispelt email or post on here will irritate the fuck out of me. So, I don't really want to get this wrong.

My question, for the inscription... is it 'wedding day', 'Wedding day' or 'Wedding Day'?

Thanks in advance.

Re: I need some help with punctuation/ capitalization

Are you American?

Re: I need some help with punctuation/ capitalization

whothefisAlice said:
Unless you are beginning a sentence or paragraph with those two words (where it would be Wedding day), it is wedding day.

Seeking clarification...

Yes, but is it not like Christmas day, because it is an event?
117 M34 said:
Are you American?

Edit: capitalisation. It was inevitable I'd make a spelling mistake there!

'light' in your username should begin with a capital.
Your location should have a full stop at the end of it.
Mispelt should be mis-spelt or mis-spelled.

I thought you were OCD about spelling mistakes?<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:37 pm --<br /><br />Anyway to answer your original question, are you just using it in the middle of a sentence or as a heading for something?

If it is a heading the W and D should be a capitals, if not a heading then no capital.

117 M34 said:

I thought you were OCD about spelling mistakes?

-- Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:37 pm --

Anyway to answer your original question, are you just using it in the middle of a sentence or as a heading for something?

If it is a heading the W and D should be a capitals, if not a heading then no capital.

'Light' should not start with a capital as far as I am concerned. I'm not so OCD that I need a capital stop on my location, that would be taking it too far.

You are right about mispelt though. That was a schoolboy error. Maybe it's just the wrong thing for me to be OCD about.

Anyway, the line on the inscription will read 'on their Wedding Day'.

There is a light said:
117 M34 said:

I thought you were OCD about spelling mistakes?

-- Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:37 pm --

Anyway to answer your original question, are you just using it in the middle of a sentence or as a heading for something?

'Light' should not start with a capital as far as I am concerned. I'm not so OCD that I need a capital stop on my location, that would be taking it too far.

You are right about mispelt though. That was a schoolboy error. Maybe it's just the wrong thing for me to be OCD about.

Anyway, the line on the inscription will read 'on their Wedding Day'.

Do you want it to be grammatically correct or to look right?

I dont think 'on their Wedding Day' looks right.

'On Their Wedding Day' is more pleasing to the eye and balanced though.

The third one. Weeding Day . Is it a Sunday?

It should read . . On their wedding day. . simple and correct.

You get shouted at on here for using too many capital letters . Just do it right and if anybody body questions it tell them to fuck off .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.