I preferred it when we were sh1t

More stressful now at times I suppose with the pressure to win every game but would not swap it for some of the shit we had to deal with. Also now is karma for all those twats who belittled us and incessantly took the piss!

I went to lots of new grounds in the second and third tiers and that's the only good thing I can think of.
At the start of our season in the 3rd tier I'd been to 85 of the 92 league grounds. Five of the missing seven were in our division so they got ticked off as did Derby's new ground in the League Cup.
These days it's far more expensive to see City at a new ground as it involves European travel.

I dunno, think there is a ring of truth to what the prof says in here

I love this last decade or so and being successful, but I don't feel I need us to be to enjoy supporting the club, if it went tits up and we went back to being what we were, I think I could live with it, whether later generations who have only known success and trophies will be the same, I doubt it.

I am not saying I prefered it btw, it was shite a lot of the time football wise it was rotten.

But then the football is only part of it, it's the day out, the meeting of mates/family etc, that aspect has never changed whether shite or great though.

Wasn't that Bill Black and Levensulme branch did he move to Cornwall ? Good lad and top blue not seen him for year's hope he's enjoying our success

depends what you take from football.

If you can separate the actual team's quality on the pitch from everything else that comes with being a fan, then there's no question for me that one experience has improved up while the other, for some, has probably deteriorated.

However as the matchday experience begun to decline (for me), i knocked it all on the head and have only taken on City from afar. That match-going me has been boxed away now and sometimes i feel like im following a City in another dimension, but it's still City.

I dont prefer it but it has made us who City fans are.
When we see other Citys fans around the country or world we all know what you have been though.
We all know we have been in the 3rd division, the agony and joy of Gillingham, and of course what we all went though on the 13th may 2012.
I cant really think of any other fan base that has lived the journey we have/are on.
No other fan base has had that Aguerooooooooo moment no one ! What away to win our first premier league, the City way , makes us think for 93:20 minutes that City had blown it again. And than joy like I have never experienced before or after.
From 3rd division to top of the tree in 20yrs or so.
Yes thr old days were fun with our dark humour our bananas etc but we and the world has moved on.
City are now the best run club I the world , we could never have seen this coming back in division 3 ! . The best campus the best players and now one of our own in the first team.
So pleased I was born a manc and a blue so pleased we went though the dark days so pleased we are were we are now.

CTID :)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.