I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
It needs confining to a place never to see light of day again, it's embarassing reading back through how every week people say if we do this or if we do that when in reality everyone knew nothing would change.

It needs confining to a place never to see light of day again, it's embarassing reading back through how every week people say if we do this or if we do that when in reality everyone knew nothing would change.
It only has joke value now mate. It is amazing though how so many contributors seemed convinced that with a flick of a switch all the evidence of 5 months of mediocrity would vanish and we would embark on a title winning run. I don't know how many matches some of these guys watched this year or in what sort of condition they were in if they did watch. I still held out a small amount of hope as late as Norwich but in reality anybody who was present or viewing on TV and anyway objective would have written us off after the display against the dippers back in November.

It only has joke value now mate. It is amazing though how so many contributors seemed convinced that with a flick of a switch all the evidence of 5 months of mediocrity would vanish and we would embark on a title winning run. I don't know how many matches some of these guys watched this year or in what sort of condition they were in if they did watch. I still held out a small amount of hope as late as Norwich but in reality anybody who was present or viewing on TV and anyway objective would have written us off after the display against the dippers back in November.
It's staggering to look back at it now. I'd given up on it weeks ago, but some were convinced we'd suddenly become a hybrid of Barca, Bayern, Real and Leicester. And there was no talking to them.

Whilst its still mathematically possible, i believe we can still win it.

PMA ladies & gentlemen, PMA. Positive Mental Attitude.

I remember getting shot down when I made my feelings known that we don't have it in us to string a run of results to win it.

I remember getting shot down when I made my feelings known that we don't have it in us to string a run of results to win it.

We actually do though. We have shown that before & even at the start of this season.

It's a crime that we haven't at least given it a push imo and it wouldn't have taken much to make that happen. It's almost unheard of for a team of City's calibre to go almost a whole season being shite. Mind you, under normal circumstances a top club would have sacked the manager before Christmas, so I suppose the circumstances are a bit unique.

Whilst its still mathematically possible, i believe we can still win it.

PMA ladies & gentlemen, PMA. Positive Mental Attitude.

We will finish closer to tenth if not tenth than first.

Realistic mental attitude.

We will be lucky to get 9 points from our remaining 8 games.

We actually do though. We have shown that before & even at the start of this season.

It's a crime that we haven't at least given it a push imo and it wouldn't have taken much to make that happen. It's almost unheard of for a team of City's calibre to go almost a whole season being shite. Mind you, under normal circumstances a top club would have sacked the manager before Christmas, so I suppose the circumstances are a bit unique.

Not anymore we don't

Was baseless, groundless sabre rattling months ago.
The sort who get all giddy minutes before kick off on the match thread.
An inability to process and analyse what's actually happening before their eyes.
Hat's off to them - must be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.