I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mean to sound negative but there is something about Arsenal this year I think they finally find a way to get it done.

We will be there right till the end though. Doubt it's as close as a Kun Aguero strike in injury time but yeah. Close.

Our fixture list looks better than Arsenal's this year (on paper) We've done the big teams away already also.

Thi
Watched the 2011/12 season on SKy today and the passing and movement was sublime, the chasing back etc was all there, I just see non of that with this team, they look disjointed and to a degree uninterested, there is still something wrong it can't all be down to VK not been fit. I think Pellegrini has been told CL is priority and I think that's the mentality with the players, it may go to the wire with our last home game to Arsenal been the decider!!
Watched the 2011/12 season on SKy today and the passing and movement was sublime, the chasing back etc was all there, I just see non of that with this team, they look disjointed and to a degree uninterested, there is still something wrong it can't all be down to VK not been fit. I think Pellegrini has been told CL is priority and I think that's the mentality with the players, it may go to the wire with our last home game to Arsenal been the decider!!
This^ Just don't understand why we're not the same team. Luckily we're still in contention. I know the difference isn't as drastic as Chelsea's but does anyone think there might be inhouse unrest? I think it's more than team selection/ injuries etc, something certainly gone awry.

All this talk of all the big teams we've got to play at home being a big advantage, on paper it is, but we got annihilated by the highest placed team we've played at home in the league and lost to the second highest placed team. Our home form isn't anything special this season, and we're not performing too differently from our away performances, we've just played all the shit at home. It's only an advantage if we suddenly start performing.

We unfortunately have Manuel Pellegrini as manager.

We should win the league, I hope we win the League, unfortunately I feel another season of treading water will be the outcome.

On a positive note we are still in 4 competions, and still in touch of Arsenal in the League.

Lets see what happens in 2016 starting at Watford.

I think you need to check just how many of our players that you mention have been absent for a large proportion of this season, other than Kolarov and KDB all of them have missed fair amount so far. The press have highlighted Arsenals injuries but the facts show we have suffered more

Yer I admit your team have been hampered by injuries to your key players this season however you've still had guys like De Bruyne, Fernandinho and Sterling fit for large chunks of autumn players you spent over £150 million on whereas at Arsenal we've got some players who havent kicked a ball this season. It just goes to show how dramatically the class and quality of the league has dropped with us at the top of the league with all our injured players, if they were all fit though I think we would be 10 points clear already.

Thi

This^ Just don't understand why we're not the same team. Luckily we're still in contention. I know the difference isn't as drastic as Chelsea's but does anyone think there might be inhouse unrest? I think it's more than team selection/ injuries etc, something certainly gone awry.

Lack of a dominant british core of players is something quite glaring within the City team and has been for awhile imo. All great sides that have been sustainably successful have attained a a nucleus domestic players in the squad to connect with the clubs fans and culture generating success in the long term.

Yer I admit your team have been hampered by injuries to your key players this season however you've still had guys like De Bruyne, Fernandinho and Sterling fit for large chunks of autumn players you spent over £150 million on whereas at Arsenal we've got some players who havent kicked a ball this season. It just goes to show how dramatically the class and quality of the league has dropped with us at the top of the league with all our injured players, if they were all fit though I think we would be 10 points clear already.

Arsenal would not be 10points clear at this stage of they had 12 players on the pitch all season neve mind your injured ones back! Chelsea were ahead on aphabetical order this time last year, so to say Arsenal would be 10 clear in ludicrous

It's in City's hands, as has been posted earlier we play all the challengers at home between now and the end of the season. No excuses

As for City's forwards being fit. You have a point but they are new players, in a new team, playing a new formation. It is also difficult to get forwards into games if we are shipping goals and not controlling the midfield

Signs of improvement have been there in the last couple of games but we need to beat Watford today

Lack of a dominant british core of players is something quite glaring within the City team and has been for awhile imo. All great sides that have been sustainably successful have attained a a nucleus domestic players in the squad to connect with the clubs fans and culture generating success in the long term.
I don't think about a player's nationality when he pulls on a City shirt only how good he is and how hungry he is. Has nationality got anything to do with hunger? I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.