I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yer I admit your team have been hampered by injuries to your key players this season however you've still had guys like De Bruyne, Fernandinho and Sterling fit for large chunks of autumn players you spent over £150 million on whereas at Arsenal we've got some players who havent kicked a ball this season. It just goes to show how dramatically the class and quality of the league has dropped with us at the top of the league with all our injured players, if they were all fit though I think we would be 10 points clear already.
Gunners had more injured players than anyone, but the one that matter are Sanchez for you and Aguero, Silva and Kompany for us.

I think it comes down to the fitness of those 3 players for City. If 2 of those 3 stay fit for the rest of the season, we will win the league. Aguero isn't fit yet, when he is we will all know about it

Can't believe how many on here have already thrown in the towel. Arsenal showed their true colours against Southampton, they always fold under pressure. We will start winning away soon and we will win most of our games at home so I still fancy us to end up winning the league this season.

Don't mean to sound negative but there is something about Arsenal this year I think they finally find a way to get it done.

We will be there right till the end though. Doubt it's as close as a Kun Aguero strike in injury time but yeah. Close.
Arsenal lost 4-0 at Southampton a week ago to show they are just as unpredictable & likely to fuck up as we are......

I think we can still win the league if our players start to take charge of the situation themselves. We have a number of players who seem to be going through the motions. They appear to be feeling sorry for themselves because Vinny, Sergio and Zabba aren't around to look after them. The performances away from home have been shocking for the last few months considering the quality we have.

Time for them to man-up and get some wins under their belts.

Love the goons coming on here giving us an insight into where we need to strengthen , to win the title , like they would f*cking know ? Maybe they have still got their VHS video cassettes of their glory years.

It's what they do mate. I generally find people from London and environs arrogant, they think northerners are thick, no idea why.

Arsenal fans will do what they usually do, occupy the high moral ground from Sept to Jan, hovering around the other title contenders forums trying to convince them it's in the bag for le arse......then disappear early Feb when the wheels fall off their title tilt through injury, complacency, shit manager tactics, other reasons.

Lack of a dominant british core of players is something quite glaring within the City team and has been for awhile imo. All great sides that have been sustainably successful have attained a a nucleus domestic players in the squad to connect with the clubs fans and culture generating success in the long term.
Sustainably successful? Like Arsenal over the last decade, you mean?

I know it keeps being said, but we only have 2 away games left against the entire top 11 after today; West Ham and Liverpool. That's a hell of a position to be in fixture wise, if we get through today without damage, given Arsenals much easier fixture and a tricky game away at Watford, we still look to be in a fantastic position.

I wouldn't swap the fixture list with Arsenal for 3 points, put it that way.

I know it keeps being said, but we only have 2 away games left against the entire top 11 after today; West Ham and Liverpool. That's a hell of a position to be in fixture wise, if we get through today without damage, given Arsenals much easier fixture and a tricky game away at Watford, we still look to be in a fantastic position.

even if we don't win it i don't think Arsenal will,they don't have the bollocks.....

This all day long.

I said on another thread early Dec that if we were within a few points of top spot we had a great chance to win the thing. My opinion hasn't changed and when we have a full squad late Jan/early Feb, we will kick on....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.