I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're only halfway through, so much can happen from now 'till the end, let's not forget that at this point in the 13/14 season Arsenal were 1st with 42 points yet they ended up 4th, meanwhile it was Liverpool who were at 5th that ended up being our rivals for the title. For all we know Arsenal isn't even the team to worry about, it might end up being Spurs, Leicester, or heck even the rags are still in the running, 9 points is nothing at this point of the season.

The first part of the season is always about building a decent foundation for the team to jump into the second part of the season with, we're heading into the most important part of the season now. We've been playing nowhere near our best so far and we're still only 3 points behind 1st, that to me speaks of the quality of our team, if we can pick up form at any point I'm certain we'll win the title, maybe even with games to spare.

Last edited:
But Chelsea are nowhere, United would send a glass eye to sleep, Liverpool are in transistion, Arsenal are Arsenal, and Pellegrini has added 250 million pounds worth of talent to the excellent squad he inherited and has been given the time to get his methods through to the team. These are factors that make our current form less easy to explain.

Arsenal are Arsenal, lol meaning?

We're only halfway through, so much can happen from now 'till the end, let's not forget that at this point in the 13/14 season Arsenal were 1st with 42 points yet they ended up 4th, meanwhile it was Liverpool who were at 5th that ended up being our rivals for the title. For all we know Arsenal isn't even the team to worry about, it might end up being Spurs, Leicester, or heck even the rags are still in the running, 9 points is nothing at this point of the season.

The first part of the season is always about building a decent foundation for the team to jump into the second part of the season with, we're heading into the most important part of the season now. We've been playing nowhere near our best so far and we're still only 3 points behind 1st, that to me speaks of the quality of our team, if we can pick up form at any point I'm certain we'll win the title, maybe even with games to spare.

Yer but by March in the 13/14 we had 10 players out injure for 4-5 weeks all at the same time,if 5 of those players stayed fit during the run in that campaign we probably would've won the title. If City had Aguero, Silva, Kompany, Fernandinho, Kolorav, De Bryne and Zabaleta all out within the same period, would you guys finish 4th?

I honestly can't see us winning it.
We should do but since this time last year we've been poor

Except we're not 10th. We're 3rd 3 points off the top of the league. And whilst our form has been poor on the road, it still hasn't led to anyone getting any real distance on us in the race for the title. That suggests that all round the league is much more open than it was previously so looking at our form in isolation and bellyaching about it is really quite pointless. Or at least it isn't really taking in the whole picture.

I'm just glad we're not Chelsea or the rags. Both have spent shit loads in the last two or three years and neither will have CL football come the summer IMO.

Agree to a point. There is nothing in our recent form to suggest we will win the league. Our away form in terms of points collected has been very, very poor. Also, our form against the top 10 teams has been pretty poor: 8 points from a mixture of home and aways.

However - once aguero is fit we should start scoring more. We have played much of the season without him and silva, so we can only improve. Also, as you say, despite our poor form we aren't far from the top, and I can't see Arsenal not dropping points - see Southampton.

We no doubt have to improve our form - we have been poor for a while, in my opinion, but the nature of this season means we are still well in it.

Not a chance if we don't fix our form starting at Watford
Before Sunderland I said we needed to pick up at least 7 points, ideally 9 from our next 3 games, so I agree with you.

More dropped points away from home would be a worry, because, despite what I said above, it would mean we just aren't fixing our away form.

Before Sunderland I said we needed to pick up at least 7 points, ideally 9 from our next 3 games, so I agree with you.

More dropped points away from home would be a worry, because, despite what I said above, it would mean we just aren't fixing our away form.
I think it's a mental thing now as even with injuries we shouldn't be this bad on the road,question is how to fix it,getting the first goal at Watford and not letting it slip would maybe be the start

My money is on:
1. City
2. Spurs
3. Arsenal
4. Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.