i want Mark Hughes out

Status
Not open for further replies.

il padrino

not because im a secret Manchester United fan, not because i have an agenda against the man himself. not because i enjoy moaning.
i have my own mind and good understanding of the game. i don't feel obliged to conform with 'the voice of reason' (aka Chris Bailey) i had my doubts but was willing to give him a chance. i did. he failed. we are worse than last season, but with more quality in the squad. no memorable performances against the big teams, as Sven tactically masterminded last season.
just Kevin Keegan-esque gung-ho try and outscore the opposition 'tactics'. that kind of football will not win us trophies. it won't push us up the league. West Ham and Fulham are better teams than us. they don't have better players; simply tactically aware managers who understand the game. they make Hughes' claims that he need 'time' to finish in the top 8 look foolish. (Zola has been there since late september)
i personally would appoint Eriksson with Roberto Mancinias his assistant, being groomed to take over when Sven moves upstairs; a potential of a dynasty.

so there we have it; ive put my opinion forward. the events of the next 12 months will either prove me right or a fool.

I've usually let all these Hughes in/out/shake it all about threads be...but this has finally pissed me off.

Can we have some kind of sticky with only ONE THREAD regarding the matter, or put it in the rules of the board that if any new threads are started regarding this matter, that the user gets a small time ban, or something...its getting stupid now. [/rant]

il padrino said:
not because im a secret Manchester United fan, not because i have an agenda against the man himself. not because i enjoy moaning.
i have my own mind and good understanding of the game. i don't feel obliged to conform with 'the voice of reason' (aka Chris Bailey) i had my doubts but was willing to give him a chance. i did. he failed. we are worse than last season, but with more quality in the squad. no memorable performances against the big teams, as Sven tactically masterminded last season.
just Kevin Keegan-esque gung-ho try and outscore the opposition 'tactics'. that kind of football will not win us trophies. it won't push us up the league. West Ham and Fulham are better teams than us. they don't have better players; simply tactically aware managers who understand the game. they make Hughes' claims that he need 'time' to finish in the top 8 look foolish. (Zola has been there since late september)
i personally would appoint Eriksson with Roberto Mancinias his assistant, being groomed to take over when Sven moves upstairs; a potential of a dynasty.

so there we have it; ive put my opinion forward. the events of the next 12 months will either prove me right or a fool.

Arsenal? liverpool?

Great post. I'm sick to the back teeth of having to defend myself with people saying it's because he's a rag or it's because I'm just a moaner. Well I'm not a moaner and I don't care that he's an ex united player but what I do care about is City and this man isn't good enough whatever Chris Bailey or anyone else on this board says.

I appreciate the chairman being so loyal to his manager and with the right person he'd be right to want continuity but you can't have continuity with a man who has taken us backwards despite spending an absurd amount of money. No doubt we will finish 6th under Hughes next season if we spend £200m in the summer but would that really represent progress? Throwing money at the situation and hoping it comes off? If that's the case probably every single manager in the prem would get us in the top 6 next season but no doubt our fans will be creaming themselves over Sir Sparkalot if he manages to achieve it.

I'm getting sick of arguing against him now though, some of you are just supporting him for supporting sake. Unfortunately I can't be a sheep.

Yawn can we get over this for just a while. Why did you need to post the same thing twice?

And was Sven so tactically astute that we barely won after Christmas at all. I know there were other things going on at the club but it was absolute bull***t after Christmas with one or two exceptions. And no matter how bad things were, an 8-1 drubbing is never excusable.

Its not now a matter of whether you like Hughes or not, its about getting behind the club. If things go wrong, then all you naysayers will make sure you have your day. I hope that you have to eat humble pie, but how about we get back to what we do best- supporting the club!

yes please....bring sven back....we were immense from november onwards.....lets once again tear up everything that huges has started and have another disruptive pre season....

genius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.