I want to Buy a Drone

I got a Snaptain Drone for Christmas. Fits your criteria apart from the whole Chinese thing. Their instructions are comical.

I am not keen on their app either. Seems a bit shit and I have to use the Mrs' phone to make it work.
Not really practical for perving.

My last one flew off into the clouds and never came back!

Anyone recommend one for me?

Requirements are :
under £150
Has camera
Can stream to phone
Isnt chinese with chinese instructions that dont make sense
Doesnt have to do stupid "stnts and flips"

Thanks
I've had cheap drones that went AWOL and crashed myself. I've also had 2 £350 drones that crashed. One was my fault when I flew it too close to a tree, the other just malfunctioned and dropped into a river.

You will struggle to find one that isn't of Chinese manufacture, especially in that price range. Sub £150 drones are mostly classed as toys and are mostly poor quality with confusing user instructions. However, there are a few exceptions with decent spec for the money, but the cheapest websites are in China so you may wait weeks from a Chinese supplier like Banggood or Gearbest, and you may incur import tax. I wouldn't buy another cheap drone myself but the cheap ones are best for a novice and are good fun. But the CAA take a very dim view on people who flaunt their rules as most are aware due to recent incidents near airports. Anyone wanting to buy a drone should read the CAA regs on their website, and I recommend taking out public liability insurance.

I've not flown a drone since 2016 so I'm not up on the latest models, but I've noticed this and it seems excellent for the money with a 4k camera and gimbal, so if i was buying another drone I'd be looking for something decent.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hubsan...G4maEAsd1ASzzNLme65cy31VlEDa_gzIaAiByEALw_wcB

And I checked it out on YouTube by drone vlogger Quadcopter101.

Last edited:
I bought a drone.

Dji Mini Pro 3.

It's pretty damned good so far.... Love it. I am a photographer and for weddings drone photos can add something different. And that's the story when selling it to the wife :D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.