I was wrong, I was right & yet to be proved.

I was right when I said after the takeover that even city couldn’t fuck up this golden opportunity

All the people that didn't rate Rodri were wrong at the time.
Yeah, I remember plenty of negative posts, saying he was slower than a Cortina towing a caravan over the snake pass..
Different story now though.
Pep improves players no doubt. Ake is a prime example as well as Rodri. I'm hoping he works his magic on Phillips. It all depends on his personality and attitude. Pep will get rid if he doesn't show a willingness to work hard.

I was wrong about Zabaleta. When the sheikh took over I though he'd be one of the first to go as "not quite good enough".

I was wrong about Grealish. I though Pep would stifle his natural ability,

I was right about absolutely everything else

As the title says what are yours. Mine are;-

I was wrong about Grealish, I thought he was just another show pony but his current form has proven me wrong.

I was right about Angelino, you could tell straight away that, despite his eagerness, he wasn't good enough for City.

I don't think Gomez is good enough for City and he won't be with us much longer.
I wasn't wrong about grealish... Too much money initially but look at him now.... He doesn't feel like a tiny fish in our big pond, takes players time he knows now he's worthy of being our pond, pep loves him, we love him, his team mates love him! We're the best run team in world football and the treble is there for us to take.... Hit form at the right time like we have time and time again! Don't forget we're the only English team Ever to get 100pts, win the domestic quadruple! Now we've got the opportunity to do the fuckin 99 treble that we've been told fer year's is the be all and end all of trebles by the rag twats since then.... Let's do this and put all doubt to bed!.... We've watched our club in the 3rd tier of English football we won the lottery we deserve this!..... C'mon Blues!

Wrong: I believed Ball when he spoke of Martin “Buster” Phillips being the first £10M player.
Right: I knew Rodri would become worldclass.
Yet to be proven: Kalvin Phillips will come good after an injury hit, confidence issue filled first full season.

Haaland‘s workrate and temperament is fucking shocking and he should never have been brought to City

-Mancini wouldn’t win us the title
-Leaving Maine Road was the right thing to do
-Haaland will break Aguero’s goal record

Worng - Grealish. With all that PL experience at Villa + all that talent, I thought he would just drop into the team ala Ederson/Dias and have an immediate and emboldening effect on the team. Took a while!

Right - Stones, a classy player.

TBC - Phillips, see Grealish above. Might not see anything of him until next season save for 30mins here and there, but if he can improve with learning from world class teammates, coupled with Pep's magic dust, then we might have another Kante in our squad. And that would be amazeballs.

I was right as a small boy to chose City over that other lot.
Nothing else matters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.