I wonder if this crisis will be the end of high street shopping ?

The coronavirus has been fantastic for delivery drivers, they can keep an average 65/70 mph through city centres with nobody getting in the way! They finish quicker and I get my parcel quicker it's a win win situation

I'm usually a bit of a fiend for online shopping, but I've put a stop to it, need the cashflow, don't need clothes, can't really justify buying random tat and keeping drivers on the road all day. I'm hopeful there might be some pretty good sales in the high street fashion stores, if they open again soon. Mind you, I thought we were going to get sales online due to the economic effects and people spending more on groceries, and almost nothing could be further from the truth right now.

As most non essential shops are closed, and could be for some time, more and more shopping will be done online, it was already bad enough, but if people spend months having to buy stuff online will we just get so used to it, that it will effectively kill high street shopping once and for all. Even the big retail parks with places like PC World and B&Q could find it more difficult.
Good post - I'd thought the same myself mate. This will get millions of people used to shopping online and I suspect many high street businesses will never manage to get the customers back in the same numbers, and sadly will fold as a result. :-(

As most non essential shops are closed, and could be for some time, more and more shopping will be done online, it was already bad enough, but if people spend months having to buy stuff online will we just get so used to it, that it will effectively kill high street shopping once and for all. Even the big retail parks with places like PC World and B&Q could find it more difficult.
i worry about this every minute of the day. never have before but i do now.

weve been getting fresh fruit and veg delivered by the shop we just usually walk past,and when this thing goes away we wil carry on using them.
We've been using a local grocer and butcher for a couple of years now, the butcher is delivering, but the grocer isn't, and its not the size of shop I want to visit right now as its very small, and often full of people, I'll go back when they reopen obviously but for now I've found a farm shop who are delivering.

It wasn't really those sort of shops I was thinking of though, more the less necessary stuff like clothes and shoes etc, I already do a lot of that online anyway, and its often cheaper anyway, but I can't see me doing much in those sort of shops after several months of this potentially. Those who have an online presence will be fine, but I suspect they'll become even more online.

I always use good butchers and green grocers. Clothes wise, it’s only ever jeans I try on as I’m a weird shape but trainers and t-shirts are always online now. Huge fan of Depop the app.

Hereford was always excellent for charity shops. We’d all buy loud shirts and monopolise a juke box in some fun pub as there was fuck all else to do.

I always use good butchers and green grocers. Clothes wise, it’s only ever jeans I try on as I’m a weird shape but trainers and t-shirts are always online now. Huge fan of Depop the app.

Hereford was always excellent for charity shops. We’d all buy loud shirts and monopolise a juke box in some fun pub as there was fuck all else to do.

I used to 'work' out of Hereford, but can't really speak about it.

Did you pick up a blackroll neck jumper by any chance?

weve been getting fresh fruit and veg delivered by the shop we just usually walk past,and when this thing goes away we wil carry on using them.
We’ve done the same and we’ve gone back to our old milkman, although it’s now his son as he died in 2019.

We’ve always used our local butcher, who has told us he will deliver it if we phone the order through.
We’ll stick with them after.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.