I would rather have Mancini than Mourinho thread!

Too early to judge Mancini but I have been very impressed so far (especially after watching Hughes's "unchangeables"). Mourinho has been succsesful and might do a good job for us but lets give Mancini a proper chance first.

too soon to judge mancini for me,

3 wins, but need to see how we fair against top quality opposition,

but i have been impressed with what i have seen so far, especially his tactics and his willingness to change things if its not working,

but if we win the carling cup, and finish top 4 ill be more than please with what he's done,

mcfc-mike said:
too soon to judge mancini for me,

3 wins, but need to see how we fair against top quality opposition,

but i have been impressed with what i have seen so far, especially his tactics and his willingness to change things if its not working,

but if we win the carling cup, and finish top 4 ill be more than please with what he's done,

To be fair it's not the top quality opposition that was our problem! (Except Spuds and the less said about that the better). We should have got a draw at the Swamp, should have won against the Red Dippers and did beat both Arsenal and Chelsea. It's our performances against Fulham, Burnley, Hull, Bolton, Wigan which were our worst. These draws should have been wins for a team with aspirations like ours (particularly the three home games). I'm interested to see how we do against poor opposition and hope we win and keep clean sheets (tonight's another chance for us to do this). City usually show up and make a good account of ourselves against the top clubs (infact we should have beaten Villa away too) it's the lesser clubs we've traditionally dropped points against.

I love this site, the mood changes all the time! Nobody thought it was a good decision at first but with a few wins under our belt lifes sweet! I'm not going to commit to any opinion just hope that mancini is the man to bring success and keep up the good mood

ello_jo said:
I love this site, the mood changes all the time! Nobody thought it was a good decision at first but with a few wins under our belt lifes sweet! I'm not going to commit to any opinion just hope that mancini is the man to bring success and keep up the good mood

Not really. I wanted to give Hughes till the end of the season but he's gone, so now I hope Mancini does well. So far so good and playing the type of teams we were previously dropping points against and leaking goals.

JOSE who ????????????????? There is only one ROBERTO MANCINI .Sign me up as well. The best City manager we have ever had including Malcolm ..Joe and Tony.Lol./

Didsbury Dave said:
I'll make an inital judgement on Mancini at the end of the season.

He's made a decent start but it's too early to call him the Messiah.

If he gets us into the top 4 then he's done a brilliant job and deserves a new contract.

If he doesn't then Mourinho would be the man for me.

I agree fully with this. Mancini has been impressive so far, but let's see what happens over the rest of the season. I hope that he'll do well enough to stay in the job because it will mean we'll have had a really good season. However, it's too early right now to tell how good he is.

Meanwhile, if we are in the market for a new manager in the summer and Jose is available and willing to take the job, then it'shard to see there being a better candidate. But again, that's a question for the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.