Ian and Neil Mellor Night | Sale Sports Club | Fri Oct 18, 7.30pm

Ric

Administrator
Been asked to post this, for anyone interested...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Neil Mellor was a boyhood City fan after his dad Ian played for the Blues. Neil was a ball boy and part of the club’s Academy, reduced to tears when City were relegated in 1996.

His world was turned upside down when City, then a third-tier club, rejected him at 16. He was offered contracts by Liverpool and United – a fierce hatred of United ruled out an Old Trafford move.

Hear Neil talk about his days at City and Liverpool, where he played in their Champions League winning squad in 2005, at Sale Sports Club on Clarendon Crescent on Friday, October 18, from 7.30 pm. It’s a tribute night to Ian ‘Spider’ Mellor who died in May, aged 74.

Ian played in a vintage City team in the early 1970s, against legends such as George Best, Bobby Moore, Billy Bremner, Sir Geoff Hurst and Kevin Keegan.

Ian’s autobiography Spider was published days before he died in St Ann’s Hospice. The book costs £10 and all proceeds are donated to the charity which is building a new hospice adjoining its current Heald Green site.

The Mellor family are hoping to raise enough funds to have a bedroom named in Ian’s memory.

Admission is free and no tickets are required. Copies of Ian’s book will be available. The bar is open from 7 pm. Sale Sports Club is on Clarendon Crescent, Sale M33 2DE.

* To buy Spider visit www.justgiving.com/page/spiderbook

he seems to throw on half a scouse accent these days when he grew up in Sale.

i went to school with him (he was two years below me) and played a couple of games with him - unbelievably fast and skilful never seen anything like it.

saw him in a league cup game at maine road and he looked slow

Was contemplating a walk over and in for a listen, think I might just donate a tenner to the Hospice and not listen to any victims tales.

Do you want me to delete the thread boss?

;-)

Just kidding; it's a very good cause they're trying to raise money towards. Hopefully, there'll be enough non-cynical FOCs that can attend.

he seems to throw on half a scouse accent these days when he grew up in Sale.

i went to school with him (he was two years below me) and played a couple of games with him - unbelievably fast and skilful never seen anything like it.

saw him in a league cup game at maine road and he looked slow
The higher the standard the slower you get.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.