Ian Brown

Anyone know what Reni is up to?
He seemed to be the really enigmatic one.
Despite what anyone thinks about their music, they're one of the bands that drew eyes towards Manchester and helped kickstart it's resurgence.
I always understood he was a private individual and a family man too.

Seeing John Squire’s name on the credits of Danger Mouse always cracked me up.

I always understood he was a private individual and a family man too.

Seeing John Squire’s name on the credits of Danger Mouse always cracked me up.
Haha - oh I've never knew.
What did he do on that show?

I knew it was made in Chorlton so perhaps local link there, or his later solo work he recorded with Terry Scott.

Just re-watched the "1989" episode of Guy Garvey From the Vaults, which ended with a live performance from the Stone Roses. It`s quite apparent that way back in 89 he had a poor singing voice. Just goes to show what a recording studio can do for you.

Just re-watched the "1989" episode of Guy Garvey From the Vaults, which ended with a live performance from the Stone Roses. It`s quite apparent that way back in 89 he had a poor singing voice. Just goes to show what a recording studio can do for you.
Yeah he never could sing, but that just didn’t matter at the time.
I saw the Clone Roses recently, and their Ian Brown can’t sing either, so in that respect they’ve got it spot on.

Funnily enough, I watched a video of John Leckie who produced the first album and he said Brown never had any problems singing in tune in the studio. Got to remember these were the days before auto tune and pitch correction software like Melodyne. There's a video of them recording the song Elizabeth My Dear in the studio and he is singing it in tune.

It seems he definitely has a problem on stage, maybe he struggled with stage volume when trying to find the right pitch. It can happen if there's poor monitoring, which it often was in those days.

Although live monitoring is much better now and he sounds worse than ever, but that can be age.

He certainly was never a good singer though!

I saw an interview with the singer from The Seahorses and he said he also struggled live because John Squire was so loud on stage that he could barely hear himself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.