Ian Brown

Those of us of a certain age will remember being vaccinated against various diseases as kids- tb, polio being just a few. No social media and Internet then and you just had it. Since then I have had hepatitis vaccines and more recently the Pfizer one due to nature of my work.
We seem to have bred a society where everyone has to have such polar opinions on everything. Anti this and pro that , with no great reasoning or logic except a post on twitter or Facebook.

Those of us of a certain age will remember being vaccinated against various diseases as kids- tb, polio being just a few. No social media and Internet then and you just had it. Since then I have had hepatitis vaccines and more recently the Pfizer one due to nature of my work.
We seem to have bred a society where everyone has to have such polar opinions on everything. Anti this and pro that , with no great reasoning or logic except a post on twitter or Facebook.
To be fair the vast majority in society appear to have a pretty sensible attitude to vaccination and many other things it's just that social media allows the amplification of a few rather bizarre views well above the merit of listening to them.

Sugar lumps and the wooden spoon, been there bought the t shirt.

I didnt realise the yank eugenics campaign run-on till the early '80's...every day is a learning day.

Sugar lumps and the wooden spoon, been there bought the t shirt.
With a 2 inch hole in your arm from your tb jab :-)
I vaguely remember some nails like contraption they put on your wrist and if you got a reaction you never had the vaccine. Might have imagined it mind as long time ago.

I vaguely remember some nails like contraption they put on your wrist and if you got a reaction you never had the vaccine( tetanus?)
Might have imagined it mind as long time ago.

I vaguely remember some nails like contraption they put on your wrist and if you got a reaction you never had the vaccine. Might have imagined it mind as long time ago.

Nope you're spot on, they checked your jab after a week or so to see if you've taken to the jab. Vaguely I remember they called it the scrape.

Not an Ian Brown in bloody sight either pal.

6 needles...or 6 pricks :-) ...also known as a Heaf Test

The TB jab, BCG is rarely done now...thankfully vaccinations have helped get rid...there was a small increase a few years ago, and it was brought back for areas with some cases....but its unusual.

FYI. the scar on your arm from the BCG was deliberate....that vaccine is/was given beneath the skin, rather than intra-muscular...the resulting scar can then be used to confirm if you did or didnt have the vaccination.

In fact, in my line of work, a "BCG scar check" is sufficient to prove immunity to TB

Last edited:
I remember that.
I had an reaction so I did not have to get the BCG jag.
Mother told me pre test that I had had the jag before.So I would pass the test.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.