Ian Carlo Poveda

Most kids will feel the same as us fans. I would give anything to play for City. Regardless of scoreline or opposition. I am sure they would all love to play despite those factors.
We could play them in a friendly then.
I'd rather see the EFL trophy be their priority, it would be better in the long run. If any deserve to be called up on merit then call them up. For the Burnley cup game.

If they're not being called up on merit then we're only deceiving them.

I'd only want a couple more involved than the last round tbh. Start Muric, Garcia, Foden and maybe Poveda (think he's come on leaps and bounds this season)... then give bench sports to 2/3 more and get them on in place of the kids that start so they get to play with the 1st team regulars too. Some from the likes of Gomes, Bernabe, Nmecha, Bolton etc.

I wonder if Pep would still think of Bolton as a RB. If he does I think he'd be in line to maybe start.

We could play them in a friendly then.
I'd rather see the EFL trophy be their priority, it would be better in the long run. If any deserve to be called up on merit then call them up. For the Burnley cup game.

If they're not being called up on merit then we're only deceiving them.

What a baffling attitude. So what happens if there’s a massive injury crisis before a league game and Pep asks Poveda to fill a spot on the bench? Does Poveda turn it down because he’s not there on merit?

What a baffling attitude. So what happens if there’s a massive injury crisis before a league game and Pep asks Poveda to fill a spot on the bench? Does Poveda turn it down because he’s not there on merit?
No, of course he doesn't, that would be calling him up for a match that actually matters.

I'd only want a couple more involved than the last round tbh. Start Muric, Garcia, Foden and maybe Poveda (think he's come on leaps and bounds this season)... then give bench sports to 2/3 more and get them on in place of the kids that start so they get to play with the 1st team regulars too. Some from the likes of Gomes, Bernabe, Nmecha, Bolton etc.

I think that makes sense. Good for them to play with some of our first teamers to help gel the team.

Injuries could happen at anytime and I doubt Burton will kick lumps out of us so don't mind a few first teamers playing. Jesus can keep scoring as it is clearly helping his confidence. Mahrez, Gundogan, Delph, Otamendi...plenty that haven't played much recently and can come in amongst some youngsters.

Gave the ball away a couple times, but overall he was good. Some lovely turns and touches. He’s way better on the right side though, when he can cut inside with his left foot

For those who watch the EDS and other teams, is Poveda the best wide player that we currently have coming through?

It’s either him or Matondo. Poveda is more skilful whereas Matondo is ridiculously quick. They both should go on to be very good players though.

I've been bitten on the arse to many times saying this player is going to be a super star. So i think he'll never be good enough for City but will have a good career with someone else l

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.