Ian Cheeseman vlog v Newcastle

Support comes in different forms. The guy goes to 99% of games, home away and Europe. He has based his whole career on City. He makes tons of content for the City community. I think he deserves kudos (as opposed to criticism) for getting paid to attend so many games.

A lot of the comments on here are quite harsh. I'm a friend of Ian and he's a genuinely nice bloke. He's entitled to his opinion and should be able to give it without personal digs flying in from anonymous posters.
I take that, I am certainly not doubting he's a blue, personally, I wouldn't be professional enough to commentate on City.

What? He's commentating on games for them. That's why he is in that section!
yeah correct - and why do you think he commentates for them? As they are an accredited company who are able to apply for their journalists into the press box.

Since he got booted out of BBC Mcr this was clearly his route back into being in & around the press box

Do you know of any other credible journalist who works for Indian TV? :/

yeah correct - and why do you think he commentates for them? As they are an accredited company who are able to apply for their journalists into the press box.

Since he got booted out of BBC Mcr this was clearly his route back into being in & around the press box

Do you know of any other credible journalist who works for Indian TV? :/
Surely you can't deny him trying to earn a living. Who cares who he works for ? That's gains him access to some interesting ex-city connections therefore making his vlogs entering.
Keep up the good work cheesy
IT'S GREAT BEING A BLUE CTID

Mind boggling how people slag off a top city fan for doing vlogs that can be quite interesting .
If you dont like them, dont watch them but slagging off a fellow blue for bringing a bit of city into our lives that we probs would not normally see is just wrong .
Great being a blue Cheesy !

Yes I don't get the hate either. For Blues no longer in this country they must be a Godsend, they give a real feel of a matchday.

Mind boggling how people slag off a top city fan for doing vlogs that can be quite interesting .
If you dont like them, dont watch them but slagging off a fellow blue for bringing a bit of city into our lives that we probs would not normally see is just wrong .
I and others are not slagging him off for his vlogs. It was his inaccurate comments about City fans on Saturday that concerned us. He was ashamed of City fans he tells us.
Whole sections of City fans were not being disrespectful. Why didn't he hold fire with his comments until he'd spoken to Blues in our end. They would tell you of total confusion, lack of a proper announcement, singing in the concourse, blues booing others who were shouting and didn't know what was going on.
Rather than slag off City fans immediately perhaps he should have thought hang on a minute what's gone on here. City fans have respected Hillsborough for the last 33 years, with silences, banners and trips to the memorial. True City fans will always respect Hillsborough.

Ian could not wait to condemn City fans.

Nothing wrong with criticism. The guy has his individual style but as I said earlier he gets low views and subs for someone covering such a high profile club.

The format he uses is for me tired and dull, but each to their own.

What evidence do you have of Kevin freeloading?
How many hours a day do you think he spends his free time working for nothing on behalf of supporters club members?
Someone begrudged Cheesey having a free ride on the Specials.....
And while me and my friends were drinking out of cans we had smuggled on, playing cards and having a laugh in comfyish seats, he was sat in a guards van making ham or cheese butties for the likes of me to buy on the way back.
I've come to know both Kevin & Ian well over the last 15 years and both, in their separate ways, are dedicated to City.

Far from being a freeloader, Kevin puts in countless hours of unpaid work (beside his day job) into supporting City fans all over the world, both via the OSC and personally. He's a trustee of CITC as well, so that's more unpaid work he puts in. And I know he pays for both hospitality and season tickets for his sons. So more money goes out of his pocket supporting City than most of us spend. If he ever gets any freebies then I think he's more than entitled to them.

And while Ian gets media access to games he still has to get there & back under his own steam. So for that New Year's Day lunchtime KO at Arsenal, him and his travel companions will have set off well before sunrise. As Eccles Blue pointed out, that's also his living and I doubt he's making a fortune since leaving the BBC.

So when you've put in as much as Ian & Kevin have over many years, then you might be entitled to have an opinion. But if you haven't, then even if you personally don't like them then at least respect what they've done and continue to do for us fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.