Ian Curtis-32 years On

Sorry I've hurt your feelings flower.

I thought the same Squirtyflower, however, it seems he knows more about musical talent than Tony Wilson himself. We were very wrong.

I do appreciate real music but see a lot more talented musicians every month.

He did stand out from the crowd at the time by looking like a dead fish and having a silly dance so +1 for that.

Hi lyrics are no better than what a lot of young men would write if they could bother writing them down.

I'm a City fan, with a Factory records sticker on my laptop, and named my company after the Hacienda. So, yeah, Ian Curtis was pretty okay.

I do really wonder what would have happened had he gone on that tour to the USA. Would his lyrics have been a potent and his music as strong without the feelings that ultimately led to his undoing? You can ask the same about Kurt Cobain, and I'm sure others.

But out of his death came New Order, my favorite band forever, and in part due to JD's success and theirs came all else good that Factory did, not just in music. JD directly or indirectly impacted the world of graphic design, music production, how recording contracts are structured, the longstanding independent musical culture of Manchester, hundreds of other bands, and much else.

You may not care for his music, but his influence (and Wilson's and Gretton's and Erasmus') is undeniable.

I'm also a big fan of Syd Barretts solo albums and a lot of people think they're terrible.

He did stand out from the crowd at the time by looking like a dead fish and having a silly dance so +1 for that.

Hi lyrics are no better than what a lot of young men would write if they could bother writing them down.

1. Other people are right.
2. Do you know why he danced like he did?
3. The last sentence is total bullshit, hyperbole for effect, and pretty much underscores the point others made that you don’t know much about him. Or you’re confusing him with Shaun Ryder.

1. Other people are right.
2. Do you know why he danced like he did?
3. The last sentence is total bullshit, hyperbole for effect, and pretty much underscores the point others made that you don’t know much about him. Or you’re confusing him with Shaun Ryder.

Just dancing to his music?

I didn't add any hyperbole why'd you think that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.