Ian Curtis - 40 years ago today

I've had a big worry on my plate and been off here for a while (by my standards). Thanks to all who've advised on New Order. If they're half as good as JD were, then they're worth my time. I shall duly start by purchasing Movement, in some form or another.

Movement is JD lite and not the true sound of New Order imo. Its the sound of a band in transition and trying to find their feet. Its not even got Ceremony on it.

All the talk has concerned albums.Lets not forget the brilliant Early New Order 12 " releases,and b sides
Back in the day...anyone who understood music listened/danced to Temptation ETGG, Hurt,Ceromony etc
Its very hard to direct someone to New Orders taste...without seeing where they came from which is Movement,i dont care what anybody says,that was there sound. Unique.forget the joy division light tag
That is where New Order started,warts and all ,in transistion? So what,some of the best music ever created was formed that way..
I enjoyed the softening of their tone on Temptation etc.. and a move towards the dance charts
But..that first offering of cold hard stark electronic beats,is imo,Majestic.
And it helped me personally thru a difficult time,which the band members must have been going thru themselves.Movement,for me is the place to start listening to New Order.

Reading that quote from Natlaie Curtis it seems she is so proud to have that guitar once used and owned by her late father that she can't wait to auction it off for a minimum of $60K
Don't blame her. As she said, she's not musical at all.

Watched Control last night on the back of this thread. Not one for films usually but really enjoyed it. Supposed I should of watched it years ago as most of was filmed about 1/2 a mile from my house. My brother was two years younger than him at Kings School in Macc and got on the school bus with him. And he went out with my cousin for a spell
Almost Family!!!
I went to 9th Macc Cubs (St Johns) which was the other side of the unemployment office

I would highly recommend John Peel's book. The section about the Wombles and the Rollers in a speedboat had me crying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.