Ian Curtis - 40 years ago today

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mad Eyed Screamer, 18 May 2020.

1. Lovebitesandeveryfing

Lovebitesandeveryfing

I've had a big worry on my plate and been off here for a while (by my standards). Thanks to all who've advised on New Order. If they're half as good as JD were, then they're worth my time. I shall duly start by purchasing Movement, in some form or another.

2. Nightmare Walking

Nightmare Walking

Movement is JD lite and not the true sound of New Order imo. Its the sound of a band in transition and trying to find their feet. Its not even got Ceremony on it.

Mad Eyed Screamer likes this.
  3. canyerdogputoutafire

canyerdogputoutafire

I agree. Power,Corruption and lies, is really their first album, and brilliant.

Mad Eyed Screamer likes this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. dennishasdoneit

dennishasdoneit

Team supported:
    MCFC.
    It is still class.imo.

5. dennishasdoneit

dennishasdoneit

Team supported:
    MCFC.
    All the talk has concerned albums.Lets not forget the brilliant Early New Order 12 " releases,and b sides
    Back in the day...anyone who understood music listened/danced to Temptation ETGG, Hurt,Ceromony etc
    Its very hard to direct someone to New Orders taste...without seeing where they came from which is Movement,i dont care what anybody says,that was there sound. Unique.forget the joy division light tag
    That is where New Order started,warts and all ,in transistion? So what,some of the best music ever created was formed that way..
    I enjoyed the softening of their tone on Temptation etc.. and a move towards the dance charts
    But..that first offering of cold hard stark electronic beats,is imo,Majestic.
    And it helped me personally thru a difficult time,which the band members must have been going thru themselves.Movement,for me is the place to start listening to New Order.