Ian Darke - Do You Rate Him?

It is a bit of an odd description!

"All players have a right to their position on the field of play; being in the way of an opponent is not the same as moving into the way of an opponent."

If the ref views that he did this, then he's in the clear (to my reading), and if not, it would be indirect.

It is subjective and down to reading of NO's movement. I saw him lean forward and turn a shoulder.

What are the laws regarding a "good old fashioned shoulder charge"? I can't make up my mind if we got away with one there or not but it seemed (to this impartial City fan) that it was a beautifully timed shoulder to shoulder challenge.
That said I suspect I would be disgruntled at best if it has gone against one of our attackers.

probably cos I really liked him as a boxing commentator, but I don't mind Darke at all. Much better than most IMO.

(and I thought we were lucky to get away with the Otamendi challenge last night as well...)

What are the laws regarding a "good old fashioned shoulder charge"? I can't make up my mind if we got away with one there or not but it seemed (to this impartial City fan) that it was a beautifully timed shoulder to shoulder challenge.
That said I suspect I would be disgruntled at best if it has gone against one of our attackers.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Think we got away with one. Don't remember any commentators going on all game when this happened to Sterling a few days earlier though.

He was on shriek mode when Basel got anywhere near our area, and someone had him plugged into the mains when there was a Basel chance. At the other end of the pitch he was nearly as mute as I had the sound in the second half. When Haringey were 2-0 down and we were three up, I had the feeling that he wanted to swap the fuckin' scores over!

I’ve always thought he was a hopeless football commentator. He’s well thought of in the US (maybe they don’t know any better), but he always gets his facts wrong and more importantly misidentifies the players on the pitch.
Ive never found him that biased against city, though.
Strange that he’s so good at the boxing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.