Ian Scott

Mad Eyed Screamer

Nice feature on Ian Scott in an American magazine.
Ian is the Director of Staff & Player Development at Zionsville Youth Soccer Association in Indiana and recently won a prestigious award - "Boys Director of Coaching" for the whole state of Indiana.
Congratulations Ian

35349790_963287443856306_6566632596149633024_n.jpg

Ian receiving his award
28472151_906329536218764_4300613606122630534_n.jpg

Last edited:
Only a kid at the time but remember him as a silky midfielder who lacked a bit of bite which was required at the time.

Good luck to him.

Nice feature on Ian Scott in an American magazine.
Ian is the Director of Staff & Player Development at Zionsville Youth Soccer Association in Indiana and recently won a prestigious award - "Boys Director of Coaching" for the whole state of Indiana.
Congratulations Ian

35349790_963287443856306_6566632596149633024_n.jpg

Ian receiving his award
28472151_906329536218764_4300613606122630534_n.jpg
Memory’s playing a few tricks these days, but wasn’t it quite a serious injury that finally did for Ian’s career at City?

I know his blond locks & youthful energy convinced many of us, who were at Maine Road to witness his first few home games, that we had another Colin Bell on our hands

Memory’s playing a few tricks these days, but wasn’t it quite a serious injury that finally did for Ian’s career at City?

I know his blond locks & youthful energy convinced many of us, who were at Maine Road to witness his first few home games, that we had another Colin Bell on our hands
No, he fell out with Machin (or the other way around actually) and he left him in the reserves, eventually sold to Stoke and then Bury, but a knee injury there ended his career :(

My fave Ian Scott goal (1st goal)

You must have had a few if you thought Scott could be a new Colin Bell mate.

From memory he was decent on the ball, but had no pace, or running power, wasn't good in the air, or strong in the tackle, and Didn't score a lot of goals.

From memory he was decent on the ball, but had no pace, or running power, wasn't good in the air, or strong in the tackle, and Didn't score a lot of goals.
Mate, Back in the days of Kevin Langley & Micheal Hughes you had to grasp onto any passing straw available.... and hold on for dear life!! :-)

But other than that, he was alright....
Did Glen Hoddle have pace? Running power? Good in the air or strong in a tackle?
Check that video out I posted of the Millwall game, good pace on that one!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.