Ian Scott

Remember when he and Micheal Brown came to a Levenshulme Branch meeting when they were in the youth/reserves. Some of the Leve Branch used to go down to Platt Lane to watch them train and try and get a couple to come down every now and then to answer questions. If memory serves me right his dad was with him to. Anyhow, it was good of them even at that early stage to make the effort, fair do's to both of them.

Went to the same school,he was a really nice lad,not big headed and stood out as a footballer.
I played agaist him a few times and we went to watch him play for England school boys.
I always thought another lad was better than him called brown,very skilful player.
Glad to hear all is going well for him.

Remember when he and Micheal Brown came to a Levenshulme Branch meeting when they were in the youth/reserves. Some of the Leve Branch used to go down to Platt Lane to watch them train and try and get a couple to come down every now and then to answer questions. If memory serves me right his dad was with him to. Anyhow, it was good of them even at that early stage to make the effort, fair do's to both of them.
Can't have been Michael Brown! Ian Scott left City in the summer of 89 and Brown was mid 90's in the youth / reserve teams.

He coached us (four in hand rangers) for about 3 years every Thursday night. Really decent down to earth bloke and a talented footballer. Better than anyone I had played with. Knee injuries finished him. Glad to see he has done well.

Went to the same school,he was a really nice lad,not big headed and stood out as a footballer.
I played agaist him a few times and we went to watch him play for England school boys.
I always thought another lad was better than him called brown,very skilful player.
I played against him a few times at primary school. He played for Victoria Avenue. We had future England wicketkeeper Warren Hegg on our team. Also played against him when in Sunday League. Clearly a cut above most of us at that age and was great to see him play for City. My fave goal of his was when we beat Plymouth 3-1 in FA Cup in '88. Maine Rd was rocking that day.

Brown was Anthony (Tony) Brown, very, very good player. You're right, I too thought he was better than Ian. There were some very good players around Whitefield/Prestwich then.

No, he fell out with Machin (or the other way around actually) and he left him in the reserves, eventually sold to Stoke and then Bury, but a knee injury there ended his career :(

My fave Ian Scott goal (1st goal)

Loved that game. We started that season pretty poorly and it wasn't until the early autumn when we started to show our quality in that division, before falling away after Christmas. That game was possibly the start of that. Shocking turn out. The Kippax was pretty deserted that night. Our attendances were at a post-early sixties low point around that time. And people wet their knickers at a few empty seats today ffs!

One of my favourite seasons without a denouement, that. I absolutely loved following City during my mid to late teens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.