Ian Scott

I played against him a few times at primary school. He played for Victoria Avenue. We had future England wicketkeeper Warren Hegg on our team. Also played against him when in Sunday League. Clearly a cut above most of us at that age and was great to see him play for City. My fave goal of his was when we beat Plymouth 3-1 in FA Cup in '88. Maine Rd was rocking that day.
Yes sadly that game wasn't on TV but here is Ian before and after scoring his goal!
16831837_689849871200066_4585521729058934076_n.jpg

I played against him a few times at primary school. He played for Victoria Avenue. We had future England wicketkeeper Warren Hegg on our team. Also played against him when in Sunday League. Clearly a cut above most of us at that age and was great to see him play for City. My fave goal of his was when we beat Plymouth 3-1 in FA Cup in '88. Maine Rd was rocking that day.
I fucking loved that Cup run. Proper set of games. Following City was far edgier back then. As I get older, I find I increasingly miss that.

But other than that, he was alright....
Did Glen Hoddle have pace? Running power? Good in the air or strong in a tackle?
Check that video out I posted of the Millwall game, good pace on that one!

I was replying to a comparison between Scott and Colin Bell. The later had all those attributes, Scott didn't imo, and I was home and most aways those day's so will have seen nearly all his games for City.

Don't ask a question about Hoddle, unless the answer is ****.

I must've been a coma during that time because I honestly can't remember Ian Scott.

Remember Plymouth brought thousands for that Cup game and atmosphere was brilliant.

I must've been a coma during that time because I honestly can't remember Ian Scott.
One of the seven 1986 FA Youth Cup winning side to play in the first team.
He and Andy Hinchcliffe both made their debut (ironically) against Plymouth in the first game of that same 87-88 season as the Plymouth cup game. Was an unused sub in the 10-1 along with Ian Brightwell.
We played Plymouth 3 times at home that season (winning all three), beating them 6-2 in the Simod Cup, three days after the 10-1 game.

Last edited:
One of the seven 1986 FA Youth Cup winning side to play in the first team.
He and Andy Hinchcliffe both made their debut (ironically) against Plymouth in the first game of that same 87-88 season as the Plymouth cup game. Was an unused sub in the 10-1 along with Ian Brightwell.
We played Plymouth 3 times at home that season (winning all three), beating them 6-2 in the Simod Cup, three days after the 10-1 game.
Was that Mel Machin’s first game?where, iirc, we were drawing 1-1 (having been 1-0 down and looking like it was all gonna go t*ts up again) with little or no time left on the clock, but, unusually for us back then, somehow managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat with two late goals.

I remember Machin, (unusually for him as he was never the most charismatic of coaches), getting so excited once the 3rd goal had gone in, that he got a right b*llocking off the referee for ungentlemanly conduct - vis-a vis, encroaching slightly onto the pitch while, at the same time, throwing his cap up in the air with wild abandon - Just before the final whistle

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.