Ian Scott

Was that Mel Machin’s first game?where, iirc, we were drawing 1-1 (having been 1-0 down and looking like it was all gonna go t*ts up again) with little or no time left on the clock, but, unusually for us back then, somehow managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat with two late goals.

I remember Machin, (unusually for him as he was never the most charismatic of coaches), getting so excited once the 3rd goal had gone in, that he got a right b*llocking off the referee for ungentlemanly conduct - vis-a vis, encroaching slightly onto the pitch while, at the same time, throwing his cap up in the air with wild abandon - Just before the final whistle
Can't recall how late the winner was but yes Machin's first game in charge was Ian & Andy's debut

Can't recall how late the winner was but yes Machin's first game in charge was Ian & Andy's debut
Equaliser was very late, winner even later. Varadi got winner I think, went around keeper and scored from very narrow angle. Think Stewart got the equaliser. We just never put a proper run togetther tthat seaason in the league, some madcap results (4-2 away at Bradford, 4-3 at Swindon, the 10-1 at home to Huddersfield, losing 0-1 at Huddersfield, beating Watford and Forrest in league cup, both div 1 sides). Think we lost at home to Shrewsbury, definitely drew away there, I went and saw McNab miss last min pen.

Equaliser was very late, winner even later. Varadi got winner I think, went around keeper and scored from very narrow angle. Think Stewart got the equaliser. We just never put a proper run togetther tthat seaason in the league, some madcap results (4-2 away at Bradford, 4-3 at Swindon, the 10-1 at home to Huddersfield, losing 0-1 at Huddersfield, beating Watford and Forrest in league cup, both div 1 sides). Think we lost at home to Shrewsbury, definitely drew away there, I went and saw McNab miss last min pen.
Shrewsbury's an away-day that I feel I’ve missed out on. Some good boozers in the town centre. Not always a night out for the faint-hearted, either. They like a brawl - and fingering their sister(s).

I’d love to draw them away in the FA Cup.

Wasn’t the win at Valley Parade our first away from Maine Road in about 20 years?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.