Ian Wright Documentary

nmc

Team supported
MCFC
Just watching this on the BBC - insight into a very heartbreaking and all too prevalent problem. Taken him a long time to talk about the shit he had to deal with... but it’s good he’s speaking about it now. A very good but painful watch.

I can remember reading about his childhood years ago and how poorly his father treated him. I recall a story about him letting Ian watch Match of the Day but then forcing him to turn away from the screen with the sound still on. For some reason that part stuck with me the most.

I can remember reading about his childhood years ago and how poorly his father treated him. I recall a story about him letting Ian watch Match of the Day but then forcing him to turn away from the screen with the sound still on. For some reason that part stuck with me the most.

He talked about being made to stand facing the wall while MOTD was on... recounting it you could feel the lasting pain the abuse has caused him. Both his mother and his step father beat him and bullied him very badly.

Missed it, didn't know it was on. I genuinely like the guy, have done since his playing days, a hard but fair pro. His punditry is also well balanced and an almost joy to watch. He once spoke very highly of one of his teachers at school and how he channeled his problems to better use on the football field, was either football or jail.....brought a tear to my eye.....Nice bloke.

I didn't know anything about this.

Very sad. I was lucky to have loving parents. Some kids have it very tough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.