Ibrahimovic

I certainly agree with OrigamiNinja that having Ibra on board would help attract more 'galacticos' to the club and show Europe that we mean business. As for on the field he can mix the ridiculous (performances v the rags this season and the bin dippers last) with the sublime (generally outstanding goal record in Serie A), plus moments of magic such as his backheeled volley against Bologna (<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDr71KzFy9c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDr71KzFy9c</a>).

Overall it is certainly a risk as he isn't proven in the Premier League, however he is evidently talented and probably our best bet for a target man. He would offer us a considerable amount off the pitch as well in terms of marketing and exposure, and anyone who José Mourinho rates as the best striker in the world can't be too bad.

Also have a butcher's at this one <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nqpn1SLd4g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nqpn1SLd4g</a>

I have seen him play 25-30 times and never been to impressed tbh, maybe i just caught him on a few bad days, but he doesnt look as good as his hype.

I've probably seen him play close to 100 times, maybe more, and he is sensational. He has a certain style about him which makes you either love him or hate him, and I certainly fall in to the love him category. He often appears arrogant but he's sometimes really humble in interviews, and always hilarous, I mean really funny.

Yes, he does have the tendency to disappear in games at times, like Robbo often has done for us, but like Robbo he also has the skill to win games by himself. Exactly that happened, like so many times before, in the weekend. Some of the fans had started booing him, mainly because this guy is always honest and hasn't been willing to lie and say he's not considering his options after this season. Ended up scoring a class goal and setting up another. His vision and understanding of the game is just great, this will be the second season in a row that he's both Inter's top scorer AND has the most assists for them.

In addition to GoForGlory's post I would say that Hughes (who I am convinced will still be manager next season, hence the tour of South Africa) generally gets the best out of the so-called troublemakers. Players such as Bellamy, Savage, Bentley, and to a certain extent Elano and Robbie all have a certain reputation for being tough to handle for managers, but Hughes seems to know how to get these players to play at the top of their game. If he can apply this method to Zlatan and get him performing every week then no doubt we would have one of the best forwards in the world, a true match-winner.

GoForGlory said:
I've probably seen him play close to 100 times, maybe more, and he is sensational. He has a certain style about him which makes you either love him or hate him, and I certainly fall in to the love him category. He often appears arrogant but he's sometimes really humble in interviews, and always hilarous, I mean really funny.

Yes, he does have the tendency to disappear in games at times, like Robbo often has done for us, but like Robbo he also has the skill to win games by himself. Exactly that happened, like so many times before, in the weekend. Some of the fans had started booing him, mainly because this guy is always honest and hasn't been willing to lie and say he's not considering his options after this season. Ended up scoring a class goal and setting up another. His vision and understanding of the game is just great, this will be the second season in a row that he's both Inter's top scorer AND has the most assists for them.

Being from his homeland has his name and City been mentioned in the same sentence in your press? Would he be interested in a move to City? I ask because it is believed that the likes of David Villa has no intention of leaving Spain to play in the Premier League, what about Zlatan? Does he want Premier League football?

OrigamiNinja said:
GoForGlory said:

Being from his homeland has his name and City been mentioned in the same sentence in your press? Would he be interested in a move to City? I ask because it is believed that the likes of David Villa has no intention of leaving Spain to play in the Premier League, what about Zlatan? Does he want Premier League football?

I do believe that he would consider a move to England. Realistically he probably won't end up at Real Madrid because most likely they will end up with Ronaldive or Kaká, if Barcelona do sell Eto'o I am sure they would much rather have Aguero or Villa as they are proven in La Liga. Zlatan's recent comments seem to suggest that he would like to play in the Premier League (there are loads of quotes on Goal.com) and the fansfc.com article at the start of this thread shows that he would consider it, personally can't see him staying in Italy this summer whether it be with Inter or another Italian club, and we are probably the only club in England willing to fork out £40 million for him.

OrigamiNinja said:
GoForGlory said:

Not really. A lot of our press often just reprint rumours from crap papers and sites, so maybe from them in that case. I'm pretty sure he's said his first choice would be Spain if either Real or Barca are interested. Otherwise I do think he would like the challenge of PL footie. Ultimately what he wants is to win the CL, think a big reason for him wanting to leave is he doesn't think Inter are good enough or experienced enough at that level, either that or he just feels it's time for something new.

He couldn't be clearer about wanting to leave Italy though, this was just a couple of weeks ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6B3YSqMznU

Real Madrid's bit-part winger Royston Drenthe reckons Ibrahimovic is on his way there.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/05/04/Serie-ALiga-Drenthe-on-Ibrahimovic/gnid-51523/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Foo ... nid-51523/</a>

After seeing that shambles on saturday night I'd have thought the last thing they would be looking for is a languid striker, however if indeed Real are willing to spend a significant amount on Ibra, does that pave the way for Kaká's arrival at the Blue Camp? I know a bloke who works in IT at Carrington and last time we spoke (around a month ago) he told me there are still e-mails flying about between City and Milan regarding Kaká. There were also rumours on this site last week that City had held talks with AC Milan, although i don't know if anyone can confirm this.

Kaká or Ibrahimovic then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.