If Celtic and Rangers are so big.. how come they only have 1M and 500k instagram followers?

Instagram is a site for sad wankers. I'm never off it. Hate to burst anybody's bubble, but we both have more of a real worldwide fanbase than any of you cunts. I don't count these cunts from wherever who are only fans because you are good. They move on to the next glory hunting team, if fortunes dip watch them dissapear faster than my brother when it's his round.

It’s an interesting question. Is there any proven link between number of followers and club income or is it just a general more followers = more shirts sold common sense theory

Instagram is a site for sad wankers. I'm never off it. Hate to burst anybody's bubble, but we both have more of a real worldwide fanbase than any of you cunts. I don't count these cunts from wherever who are only fans because you are good. They move on to the next glory hunting team, if fortunes dip watch them dissapear faster than my brother when it's his round.
No, you don't

You would have made my Bluemoon Dinner list if only for your access to a good drop of after dinner whisky, but I'll drink my own piss filtered through Andrew Lloyd Webber now. Thanks.

Big fish, small pond.
Globally? Ex-pats.

Sky, love em or loathe em, has made the EPL the biggest football draw on TV/Internet, so people “follow” the game here more. Plus, we are 24/7/365 drama (just look at the papers every day!), which is clickbait central for football fans.

I have the NewsNow Man City link bookmarked and the amount of clickbait dross on there, just because we are now significantly higher profile literally drives coverage….much as it did for Utd and Liverpool when these platforms and TV exposure for the EPL was exploding.

I don’t have IG, so I’ve no idea what is even on there, but the number of people poo pooing social media is, at best, ironic, given City TV and Twitter are regularly posted and discussed here, and City have exploded their social media footprint in the last 5-10 years.

The passion for Rangers and Celtic is currently more local than global, but if one of them got a wealthy owner with deep pockets who wanted to use that wealth to create a European power, then not only would they win the SPL every year, but they’d probably be decent in Europe (again?) and generate significantly more clicks, and thus social media presence.

As a City fan, born and raised. I’ve never really cared about social media, but to ignore it as irrelevant today is to bury one’s head in the sand (pun intended). Social media has helped create the global presence we now enjoy, even though local yokels deride anyone who never attended a Maine Rd, or grew up on the Kippax as a Johnny Come Lately.

Personally, I use the “anyone who never stood on the cinders or at the back of the North Stand” as my metric for “plastics!” Even then, you have to pass “The Tie-Breaker Test!”

1) Where was the Dave Watson Gap and what was so “special” about it?
2) Where were the ginnels, and do you have actual firsthand experience of stepping in dog shit in them?
3) Explain the term “City attendance” as used under Peter Swales.

;-)

Do you realise how ironic it is for a Celtic fan to rail against glory hunters?

If you and Rangers didn't hoover up every trophy in the Scottish game do you really think you'd have so many fans?

What makes a 'worldwide' Celtic or Rangers fan more legitimate than a 'worldwide' City fan, I wonder? Do they have a stronger bond with the club? Why?

Is it because both clubs are soaked in sectarianism, and therefore attract religious bigots from across the globe?

If you two are so much bigger than all the English clubs, why have you spent the last 30 years begging for a piece of the Premier League pie?

Do you realise how ironic it is for a Celtic fan to rail against glory hunters?

If you and Rangers didn't hoover up every trophy in the Scottish game do you really think you'd have so many fans?

What makes a 'worldwide' Celtic or Rangers fan more legitimate than a 'worldwide' City fan, I wonder? Do they have a stronger bond with the club? Why?

Is it because both clubs are soaked in sectarianism, and therefore attract religious bigots from across the globe?

If you two are so much bigger than all the English clubs, why have you spent the last 30 years begging for a piece of the Premier League pie?
A glory hunter doesnt support the team he was born into. And you ask why we wanted a bit of tje Premier League Pie? The same rwason you wanted the Sheikh to take over, money and power to improve. Where would you he right now without a lot of money? Fucking nowhere. Sama deal with us, so obviously people want their club to have more money. Glory hunters might have a number of clubs they " support. We only support one, without money to excel in europe. Glory hunters coukd6nt abide that.

A glory hunter doesnt support the team he was born into. And you ask why we wanted a bit of tje Premier League Pie? The same rwason you wanted the Sheikh to take over, money and power to improve. Where would you he right now without a lot of money? Fucking nowhere. Sama deal with us, so obviously people want their club to have more money. Glory hunters might have a number of clubs they " support. We only support one, without money to excel in europe. Glory hunters coukd6nt abide that.
We’d be probably be a solid PL club, we came 8th the year before the Sheikh came in, playing in the best league in the world.

Whilst you bigoted cunts kick lumps out of each other in a league a similar level to England’s 3rd tier.

We’d be probably be a solid PL club, we came 8th the year before the Sheikh came in, playing in the best league in the world.

Whilst you bigoted cunts kick lumps out of each other in a league a similar level to England’s 3rd tier.
I don't anymore. There is a minority of cunts who do. Most don't. As for us being a 3rd Tier English outfit, behave yourself. Remember you couldn't beat us home or away in the CL. That 3rd Tier must be fucking brilliant. Like everything else about English football. As for coming in 8th before the backing, well thats hardly going to fet the heart racing, no trophy's no euro football. You got investment which i was glad to see, but, withiut it you would not be the force you are. Some dreaming about joining the PL is wanting a slice of that. I dont, nor ever have wanted or thought we would join. Ots a non starter. And I am glad it is. What we want is a Sheikh who wants to spend money to make us better in europe, meaning the home league is a shoein. Wont happen, but, you can always hope.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.