If Celtic and Rangers were addd into the Premier League next summer,what would their potential be?

SambaStyle

A) After 1 season
B) After 3 seasons
C) After 10 seasons in English football

They have a whole transfer window going into the first year to spend £100M (or whatever it is nowadays). I think Rangers would possibly get relegated even doing a Villa and spending huge, Celtic would probably survive the first year by the skin of their teeth. I think Celtic would drop £150 mill a year for the first 3 seasons and steadily move up the league, could be a top 6 contender after 3 seasons with the added money and their huge following. Rangers would probably do it a bit more carefully after their recent troubles and could be in Everton level if they're extremely lucky and prudent after 3 years.

I see Celtic being a club equal in size to Arsenal and Chelsea after 10 years (bigger than Spurs) with the added money and Premier League notoriety. Rangers would cap off above Everton and Spurs and close-ish to Chelsea and Arsenal.

REMINDER. A lot can change in 2 years. Wolves went from Championship to top 7 and Europe in 2 years. Leicester went from Championship to Premier League winners in 2 years.

Either would only become regular CL contenders with the same sort of investment that we had. People talk about their fanbase, but they only get the same crowds as plenty of other teams in the Premier League, and probably have much lower matchday income than those in London. Basically, they'd have less of a chance of being contenders than a team like West Ham, who are already established in the league, have a bigger stadium, and can charge more money. As for comparing them to Spurs, absolutely no chance. Again, they've got a bigger stadium, greater matchday income, regular CL income, and all of the additional sponsorship that that means.

Basically who gives a fuck about "The Auld Firm".
giphy.gif

Let them stay where they are. Can do without them racing round every major town in England causing havoc and destruction wherever they go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.