If Celtic and Rangers were addd into the Premier League next summer,what would their potential be?

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by SambaStyle, 30 Aug 2019.

1. jrb

jrb

At least both sets of fans would improve Piccadilly Gardens again. :-)

Mad Eyed Screamer likes this.
  2. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

Just look at the quality of the Championship Playoffs last season.

That Leeds v Derby game at Elland Road was a higher quality game than any Scottish game and some bottom three Prem games last season. And neither of them got promoted.

The top half of the Championship is a very high level.

I just genuinely believe that the quality of the SPL teams is that Celtic are a team that would just miss out on the Championship playoffs and Rangers would be bottom half of the Championship. The rest would be League 1.

I can’t think of a single Celtic or Rangers player who’d get in Watford or Norwich’s teams.

As for the hypothetical, I’d genuinely welcome all Scottish teams to join a British league system. I’d rather that happened than the future Champions League format.

3. asahartford1

asahartford1

Their potential would be in the past

4. bennyboy

bennyboy

Rangers would struggle to get out of the bottom division.They are really shite.
    Both teams would have to start in the bottom division.There is no money in the bottom 2 divisions to get the quality needed for the epl.
    No European football for god knows how long.
    It would not be the money spinner they would expect.Any season without promotion would be damaging to both clubs.
    Just as well there is no chance of them getting in.For their sake nobody else's.

5. domalino

domalino

If the hypothetical is dropping them into the Premier League then Celtic would be fine. Already they have £100m revenue and the PL TV money would give them £100m to invest into a squad that's probably already good enough to stay up. You could see them eventually joining the midtable pack of Watford, West Ham, Wolves, Everton.

Rangers would be much harder to guess, as they'd need to build a whole new team and get a good manager - would probably be better for them to stay in SPL and get the Europa league money.

6. Magicpole

Magicpole

Team supported:
    Celtic

Edouard will go for about £30m next year then on for more once he “proves himself” in England. McGreggor, Shved, Johnstone, Ntcham, Rogic, Forrest, young Dembele, Ajer, Julien, and a few more would easily get a game. The only reason you would doubt that is because they play here and as I said haven’t proved themselves in England.

I never want us to draw and English team but if we get out of our group I hope we get Wolves. Of course they are a Orem team so we will have no chance according to everybody down there, but I would bet we would knock them out.

We have improved defensively with a few competent guys who have come in. So, I’m hopeful we do well.

Talking about not being good enough to win anything or compete at the top level. I watched the England game last night. Utter pish. Just as well you have money down there to buy great world class foreign players or your league would be shit too.

As for an all British league? That’s got as much chance as England have winning a major trophy. A non starter.

7. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

Wouldnt bother them at all, they currently only get one European home game per season ;)

8. Magicpole

Magicpole

Team supported:
    Celtic
    Fucker :)

Mad Eyed Screamer likes this.
  9. bluealf

bluealf

10. Silvercloud

Silvercloud

Answering the OPs question in the title.

Nothing! Absolutely nothing.