If Celtic and Rangers were addd into the Premier League next summer,what would their potential be?

This decade, a number of players have moved down to English teams from Scotland and got nowhere near Prem first teams. Although some have. And vice versa, very average Championship players or Prem squad players who can’t get a minute’s game time in the Prem go up to Scotland and look top class up there.

Scott Sinclair was a joke at City, couldn’t trap a trump in his arse cheeks, but he was one of the leagues best players in Scotland and seemingly similar to his level could express as when he was in the Championship with Swansea.

You’d have the same chance of beating Wolves as any Championship team would in the FA Cup. Raising your level in cup games is done year-in-year-out in the FA and EFL Cups. Everyone calls it the “Magic of the Cup”. But what it really is, is, hard work beating talent when the talent hasn’t worked as hard as the opposition they’re better than.

I can’t remember if I made this point in this thread or another, but even in getting relegated last season, Huddersfield earnt more money than Atlético Madrid and current bottom of the league Watford would be the best team seen in Scotland since Larson played for Celtic. The players that bottom half English teams can buy are better than many CL group stage teams can.

Of course the Prem wouldn’t be as good without the money it has. But that’s like saying your house and everything in it wouldn’t be as good if you didn’t have as much money.

But in the last five years or so I think the Prem and top half of the Championship have rocketed to never seen before levels of quality. I genuinely think some very good Prem title winning teams from decades gone by wouldn’t finish in the top6 in the Prem now, so please don’t think I’m just belittling the SPL. Steve Bruce, Gary Pallister, Paul Ince, Brian McClair and others from that early United Prem winning team wouldn’t get in bottom half Prem teams these days.

As for England, they’re a decent enough side considering the amount of foreign players in the Prem, and they’ll always be a quarters team by trend (with the odd anomalies of being shitter or getting to a semi). But I’d take never seeing England win another game of football if it meant the Prem kept up it’s high level and what I pay my money to see week-in-week-out year-in-year-out was he most entertaining and high quality league in the world. I go to more City games in one week sometimes than I’ve been to England games in my whole life.

I know a British league system won’t happen, but I’d like it to (I’m in a minority on that but I think it’d be exciting). I am British after all, that’s what it says my nationality is on my passport. So I suppose that’s why I’m not so bothered by England.

Great Britain Rugby League team are back this Autumn for the first time since 2007. I’m more passionate about them as a Briton than I am of England footbal.

I obviously don’t agree with your assessment of Watford and think that has a lot to do with the overall perception of your teams as better than they actually are. The same happens with your national team who to me are nowhere near the level the hype surrounding them would suggest.

And even if we did play Wolves and knocked them out, it would be no more than a cup shock, which again is rather condescending. The question then would be, so no matter what we did it would go down as a slip up rather than us being better.

We play Reinnes on Thursday in France and I think they are a good team and it will be really difficult to get a result. We have brought in better defenders but this may not be enough, but I can only hope we cut out our suicidal tendencies in away games.

On the question of would we improve and survive if we got into the EPL, I think we would. We would be able to attract a higher quality of player and added to what we have I would have no fear of holding our own. As this will never happen it will be solely down to how we perform in Europe that will get us any respect. We have been weakened in these last years with a defence that wasn’t worthy of the name. Hopefully we have improved here but having been handed our arses so many times, I won’t be claiming anything ridiculous. I just hope we put up a show, play some good stuff and get Fucking stuck in. If we make a **** of it, I will be gutted, but not surprised.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.