If Celtic and Rangers were addd into the Premier League next summer,what would their potential be?

Both would get relegated immediately. Only have to look at where they get their best players from to see how poor they are. A half decent championship side with a big following.

A) After 1 season - trouble, bigotry, sectarianism, violence, wreckage
B) After 3 seasons - see above
C) After 10 seasons in English football - see above

I know a tiny handful of very decent fans of both Clubs but they're very much in the minority. Let them stay where they are.

I spend a lot of time in Glasgow and on the whole Glaswegians are sound.
Until it comes to football. Then they tend to lose the plot and become some of the worse ****s you could ever wish to meet.
For that reason alone they can stay where they are. We don’t need or want them in our league. It’d be far too much trouble than it’s worth.

After 1 season, and if that was this season with their current teams, they’d both relegated as the bottom two (Rangers would have the lowest points total ever seen in the 20 team league era).

After 3 seasons, Celtic losing in the Championship playoffs in the second season and might get back up in the third season.

After 10 seasons, after Rangers maybe getting promoted at some point and good decade of Prem TV money (and they’d both probably have new owners) they’d probably be decent mid table teams.

But no more because of FFP!

They wouldn’t be playing in Europe so would be missing out on that money, and would just be earning the same money as loads of other teams in this league. Even bottom half teams earn eye watering amounts of money but are still bottom half.

So even with their pull and support sizes, they wouldn’t be allowed to invest the required amount to do anything serious because they’d fail FFP if they did.

Anyway, I think if Scotland ever joined up with us, Rangers and Celtic should both start in League 1 and the rest of Scotland distributed through the leagues below that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spend a lot of time in Glasgow and on the whole Glaswegians are sound.
Until it comes to football. Then they tend to lose the plot and become some of the worse ****s you could ever wish to meet.
For that reason alone they can stay where they are. We don’t need or want them in our league. It’d be far too much trouble than it’s worth.
Yep, i love Glasgow and the people are generally great but talk about football and they turn into right fcuking nutters.
The change in people when discussing Celtic and Rangers can be unsettling and turns normal people into rabid dogs foaming at the mouth.
Leave them where they are, English football doesn't need the problems they'd bring

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.