If City played in the World Cup

How would we fare?
(Just to confirm the rules, our boys all turn out for us as opposed to their countries)
Clearly better than England (you don't say)
Who would beat us?
I'm thinking semi's at least
In fact, I'm getting the word Winners
Spain, France and Brazil would be tough to beat but it's a great question.

Player for player it's probably pretty close between City, Spain and France. What we don't have is an exceptional player like Mbappe or Neymar.

I'm backing France to win the World Cup, but I want Spain or Brazil to win it.

We would lose to Egypt in the quarters, Salah a hatrick, Sterling and Jesus with two perfectly good goals ruled offside (VAR broke down after a mini thunderstorm before kick off) and Sterling hacked down in the box in the 93rd minute, clear penalty, booked for diving and is the nations (and the medias) fall guy / whipping boy.

We’d win it easily

I bet there’s at least half a dozen club sides who would also

Yeah the top international sides are never going to be as good as the top club sides. It's almost as if playing together every week for 10 months a year gives you an advantage. The more interesting question is how far would you have to go down to find a team that wouldn't win it more often than not.

Funnily enough only talking to the Mrs about this down at the bar this evening. City would win it as would any top 10 European side with a club manager. It’s not only about skill but also tactics and with club players knowing each others strengths and weaknesses any one of them should win it or be thereabouts

Funnily enough only talking to the Mrs about this down at the bar this evening. City would win it as would any top 10 European side with a club manager. It’s not only about skill but also tactics and with club players knowing each others strengths and weaknesses any one of them should win it or be thereabouts
Even ignoring for the effect of training with each other day and just concentrating on the technical ability of the players, the very top sides from the best European leagues are hand-picked internationals. Champions League football is the pinnacle of football, but unfortunately it's a Cup competition when it reaches the elite stage and we don't get to see enough of these games, however how do you marry Champions League or elite club competition with domestic football. You can't

Ideal way would be to improve quality of domestic league, but the growth of top European sides has been done by concentrating resources in 2-3 clubs in each league so not going to happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.